The new TV season doesn’t officially begin until next week, but a few shows come back this week. Just like I did last year, I will be posting my “10 Thoughts on…” every new show on all of the major networks this season.
The first one up is Ringer on The CW and features the return to television for Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Here is the synopsis of Ringer straight from The CW:
“Sarah Michelle Gellar stars as a woman who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run, hiding out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister – only to learn that her sister’s seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she’s trying to leave behind. Bridget is six months sober and starting to turn her life around when she is the sole witness to a professional hit. Despite the assurances of her FBI protector, Agent Victor Machado, Bridget knows her life is on the line. She flees to New York, telling no one, not even her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, Malcolm. In New York, Bridget reunites with her estranged twin, Siobhan. Wealthy, pampered and married to the strikingly handsome Andrew Martin, Siobhan lives what appears to be a fairy tale life – a life where no one knows that Bridget exists. The sisters seem to be mending their frayed relationship, until Siobhan disappears mysteriously, and Bridget makes the split decision to take on her sister’s identity. She discovers shocking secrets, not only about her sister and her marriage, but also about Siobhan’s best friend, Gemma, and Gemma’s husband, Henry. And when someone tries to kill Bridget in her sister’s penthouse, she realizes she is no safer as Siobhan than she is as herself.”
My First 10 Thoughts on the “Pilot” Episode of Ringer:
1. When will Buffy kick someone across the head?
2. Still wonder whether this show is a better fit for CBS or The CW.
3. How hard must it be for one actor to play two different characters in the same scene? Think about it. They have to play the same scene over and over again and basically have to have chemistry with air and a body double.
4. That last thought was extra long, so lets just say it’s still great to see Sarah Michelle Gellar back on TV.
5. Neither character that Gellar plays is that interesting, though. At least not yet.
6. Show reminds me too much of The Lying Game on ABC Family.
7. Can’t believe that I admit watching on The Lying Game or any other show on ABC Family, but that’s my job, right? Plus, I’m married and I get to watch football 4 days a week, so I have to give her a little something, right?
8. The mystery element of the show will probably keep viewers hooked and watching each week.
9. This show definitely does have a better chance of surviving on The CW than CBS, but will The CW audience stay tuned?
10. Ringer is not groundbreaking television, but it has all the elements to be an above average show that could make it past the first season.
Who Will Be Voted Off In Episode 6 Of Survivor Worlds Apart?
Total Voters: 13