If you read my recap last night, you’ll know I was pretty disappointed in the penultimate performance show for The Voice. Click through for a few thoughts on tonight’s results show.
- Cassadee and Terry are in the finals – I called it…except that I was incorrect in thinking it would be a final two. It’s a final three, so Nicholas David is joining them. The results are not a surprise.
- “Little Talks” by Of Monsters and Men is one of my favorite songs, and I *almost* said last night that I wished Terry would do something more contemporary, like a song by The Lumineers or Of Monsters and Men. The reason I didn’t was because I wasn’t sure the folksy bands I’ve been listening to of late were quite in Terry’s wheelhouse. I don’t know that Mumford and Sons would be right either. I don’t know what contemporary music Terry should be doing. But I know that this duet was great for Cassadee and very weak for Terry. He sang like he hated the song, which I found very awkward.
- I really liked Juliette Simms last season, so I’m bummed about how much I hated that single. The chorus was OK, if generic, but I hated the beginning.
- I really, really disliked RaeLynn on her season of The Voice and my opinion remains the same. I continue to wonder if the country music industry is willing to accept just about anyone who’s achieved moderate success on a reality singing competition show.
- Trevin and Nicholas singing “Hero” was nice, though obviously pandering to Trevin’s strengths rather than Nicholas’s. I’d guess that’s because Nicholas had a much better chance of making the finals than Trevin did.
Tags: The Voice