Two additional fighters cut from the UFC
by Ryan Frederick on February 25, 2013

UFC President Dana White expressed following the release of 16 fighters this week that there were more cuts to be coming as they need to trim the roster by as many as 100 fighters. The biggest name so far cut has been former title challenger Jon Fitch, but the possibility of several big name fighters being let go is there and fighters find themselves in need of wins.

Two more fighters have joined those cut, both from the UFC’s featherweight division.

Diego Nunes, who has an 18-4 record overall but just a 3-3 mark in the UFC, and Milton Vieira, who is winless in two UFC fights, have also been released from their contracts.

Both suffered losses in their last fights at UFC On FX 7 last month. Nunes dropped a decision to Nik Lentz while Vieira lost a controversial decision to Gofofredo Pepey. As is the case with most UFC fighters dropped from the roster, wins in outside organizations could see them return.

Nunes has fought under the Zuffa banner since 2008 as a member of the WEC before his time in the UFC. He holds wins over notables Mike Brown, Raphael Assuncao, Bart Palaszewski and Manny Gamburyan.



Tags:

Related Mixed Martial Arts Articles

more articles »

Neil Seery Pulls Out Of UFC Sydney Card With Broken Rib, Louis Smolka Brought In As Replacement To Fight Vaculik

Scott Coker Outlines His Vision For Bellator, Says He Wants To Put On Fights Fans Want To See All The Time

UFC Promises 'Can't-Miss' Announcement On November 17, Could It Be GSP's Return? Gina Carano Signing? Brock Lesnar's New Contract??

Ian McCall Unleashes On Disrespect UFC's Flyweights Receive, Says It Is Because Demetrious Johnson Has Personality Of 'Coffee Mug'

Ryan Frederick

view profile »

Featured Poll

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Recent Comments

Search Pulse

Author:

Zone:

Category: