Four fighters released from the UFC
by Ryan Frederick on March 29, 2013

The trimming of the UFC roster has continued as four fighters have been cut from the UFC roster.

Josh Neer, Caros Fodor, Brock Jardine and Jon Manley are the fighters who have been released from their UFC contracts. All four fought and lost at UFC 157 last month.

Neer is the most well-known name on the list of fighters cut as he has competed in the UFC 15 times. Neer is just 6-9 in those fights. He had lost three straight prior to his release from the UFC with the most recent loss coming to Court McGee at that UFC 157 event. This was his third stint in the UFC and he had won his first two fights since coming back before losses to Mike Pyle, Justin Edwards and McGee.

Fodor lost to Sam Stout, Jardine lost to Kenny Robertson and Manley lost to Neil Magny at UFC 157. The four fighters combined to post just an 0-4 record in the UFC. Fodor and Manley only had one appearance in the UFC.

As always, all four fighters could find themselves returning to the UFC in the future, either as injury replacements or by earning their way back into the promotion following wins on the independent circuit. All four fighters have had their profiles removed from UFC.com and join the ever growing list of fighters cut by the UFC.



Tags: , ,

Related Mixed Martial Arts Articles

more articles »

Neil Seery Pulls Out Of UFC Sydney Card With Broken Rib, Louis Smolka Brought In As Replacement To Fight Vaculik

Scott Coker Outlines His Vision For Bellator, Says He Wants To Put On Fights Fans Want To See All The Time

UFC Promises 'Can't-Miss' Announcement On November 17, Could It Be GSP's Return? Gina Carano Signing? Brock Lesnar's New Contract??

Ian McCall Unleashes On Disrespect UFC's Flyweights Receive, Says It Is Because Demetrious Johnson Has Personality Of 'Coffee Mug'

Ryan Frederick

view profile »

Featured Poll

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Recent Comments

Search Pulse

Author:

Zone:

Category: