A thirteenth, and presumably final, fight has been added to August’s UFC 164 event. Ryan Couture (6-2, 0-1 UFC) looks to score his first UFC win as he battles fellow Strikeforce veteran Quinn Mulhern (18-3, 0-1 UFC) in a preliminary card bout.
UFC officials announced the fight on Tuesday.
Couture will be looking to rebound from a loss in his UFC debut. He was knocked out in the second round in his debut fight against Ross Pearson at UFC On FUEL TV 9 in April. Couture won the opening round before losing the fight, which ended his four-fight win streak.
Mulhern looks to rebound from a loss in his UFC debut, which came as an injury replacement at UFC 158 in March against Rick Story. Mulhern lost by knockout in the opening round, which ended his three-fight win streak. Prior to the loss to Story, Mulhern had put together a 10-1 record in his previous eleven fights. He will be dropping from the welterweight division to the lightweight division for this fight.
UFC 164 takes place on August 31 from the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The main card airs on pay-per-view while preliminary fights are expected to air on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. Benson Henderson defends the UFC Lightweight Championship against T.J. Grant in the night’s main event.
The current UFC 164 lineup includes:
- Benson Henderson(c) vs. T.J. Grant (UFC Lightweight Championship)
- Frank Mir vs. Josh Barnett
- Chad Mendes vs. Clay Guida
- Erik Koch vs. Dustin Poirier
- Ben Rothwell vs. Brandon Vera
- Jamie Varner vs. Gleison Tibau
- Chico Camus vs. Kyung Ho Kang
- Soa Palelei vs. Nikita Krylov
- Louis Gaudinot vs. Tim Elliott
- Derek Brunson vs. Yoel Romero
- Jared Hamman vs. Magnus Cedenblad
- Pascal Krauss vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
- Ryan Couture vs. Quinn Mulhern
Tags: Mixed Martial Arts, Quinn Mulhern, Ryan Couture, UFC, UFC 164