Greetings, all. Today is Thanksgiving here in the United States, so I am going to cop out and do the typical Thanksgiving column, and express thanks for things in professional wrestling. Feel free to add the things you are thankful for in the comments. Let’s focus on the positive on this holiday.
- I am thankful for Widro and the rest of the crew here at Inside Pulse. Thanks for giving me a forum to write about this very unique corner in the entertainment world.
- I am thankful for being able to see AJ Styles get a chance to show that he is the best in the world for the biggest wrestling company in the world. I think everyone always knew how good AJ Styles was, and I am thankful the WWE has finally realized it as well.
- On a related note, I am thankful that a lot of the best wrestlers in the world are finally able to show their stuff on the big stage, and not just in Indy feds around the world. I’m talking about people like Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Cedric Alexander, and even Dean Ambrose. Hopefully soon we’ll also see Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Tommaso Ciampa, and Shinsuke Nakamura on the main stage as well.
- And not just am I thankful that these guys are being seen week in and week out, but I am thankful that they have fundamentally changed the main event scene. I know longer watch to see the mid-carders and then bail before the main event of The Big Show versus Kane or some variation we have seen for years. Now, the main event is most often the best wrestling match on the show. As it should be, so I am thankful.
- I am thankful for NXT. Everyone loves NXT, and I don’t need to talk about how great it is. But it has consistently provided entertaining shows and some of the best wrestling in the world.
- I guess, by association, I am thankful for Triple H. From every account, Triple H is responsible for turning NXT into what it is now.
- Staying with NXT, I am thankful for their focus on tag team wrestling. Slowly, it appears to be filtering up to the main rosters too. I’m thankful for seeing teams like American Alpha strike lightning, The Revival bring back some of the great old school heel tactics, and #DIY allow the world to see Gargano and Ciampa showcase their stuff. I am going to just ignore the Authors of Pain and the Dusty Memorial this year though.
- Also, NXT has, more than anything else, been what started this whole Women’s Wrestling Revolution thing going on, so I am thankful for that. The Four Horsewomen of Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, and Bayley showed the world how special they were in NXT and now they are dominating the Women’s Divisions in WWE. Let’s not forget about Paige’s work as well. And currently, the NXT Women’s Champion is the best in the world in Asuka.
- I guess I should be thankful that TNA is still around, but honestly, it just seems like a playground for the Hardy Boys these days. But they are employing Maria Kanellis Bennett, so thank you for that.
- I am thankful for Ring of Honor. While the booking may not always be the best, Ring of Honor does have THE best roster of talent from top to bottom. Add to that the fact that Ring of Honor has a working relationship with two of the top wrestling companies in the world in NJPW and CMLL. So I am thankful I not only get to see the stars of Ring of Honor, but also the stars of Japan and the stars of Mexico.
- I am thankful for the lack of Vince McMahon on my weekly WWE television. However, I am distressed by the continued abundance of Stephanie and Shane McMahon on my weekly WWE television. But I am thankful for the little things.
- I am thankful for Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho’s friendship. Also, I am thankful for The List of Jericho. You know you are too, just admit it.
- I am thankful for the fact that John Cena likes to do stuff outside of wrestling because it keeps him away from the main event scene. I am sure that will change the closer we get to WrestleMania, but again, small things.
- I am thankful for Corey Graves and Mauro Ranallo who have added life into the WWE announce squad.
- I am thankful for former Ring of Honor World Champion Jay Lethal. Lethal has turned himself into the absolute best wrestler overall in the world. Unfortunately, too few people realize that. But I am thankful every time I get to see him wrestle.
- I am thankful for being able to come up with so many things I am thankful for, especially when so much of what I watch frustrates me.
- And finally, I am thankful for everyone who is reading this and/or has read any of my stuff in the past. I appreciate it and hope I have and will continue to provide fun and interesting columns for you.
Happy Thanksgiving, every one.
Tags: AJ Styles, Cesaro, Jay Lethal, John Cena, Kevin Owens, maria kanellis, sami zayn, seth rollins, Smoa Joe, The Revival, Tommaso Ciampa