- JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA THE ATOM REBIRTH #1 – I love that almost all of the the Justice League Rebirth one-shots for this month feature characters from the Arrowverse (Atom, Vixen, Killer Frost…and one for The Ray). I assume this was intentional, and I am fine with that as I love those shows. This one spins out of Justice League Vs Suicide Squad and serves as a lead in to the new Justice League of America series coming soon.
- U.S. AVENGERS #1 – Kind of a silly title, but since it’s by Al Ewing and spins out of New Avengers, I can’t wait to read it. BTW, it is so ridiculous to me that they did 50+ variant covers for this one. More than a little pointless.
- UNSTOPPABLE WASP #1 – I will admit, the new Wasp hasn’t really grabbed me in her assorted appearances, but Marvel has been putting out a lot of real good books with female leads, so I am likely going to give this one a shot. Hopefully in her own series she will stand out a bit more.
- GREEN ARROW #14 – I loved the end of the last issue where someone has been imitating Green Arrow, making people think he’s a murderer. GREEN ARROW has been really good since Rebirth, and is one of my favorite DC books.
- GREEN LANTERNS #14 – Another favorite series! Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz make a terrific “buddy cop” movie, and the Phantom Lantern has been a great villain. I am reminded of some of my favorite parts of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern run where he managed to expand the Green Lantern lore without destroying what came before.
- JUSTICE LEAGUE #12 – I am only buying this because it’s part of the Justice League Vs Suicide Squad crossover (JUSTICE LEAGUE VS SUICIDE SQUAD #3 also comes out this week) and Bryan Hitch is not writing this one. Loved Hitch’s art back in the day, but he writes some boring comics. This is the first time in as long as I can remember that I am not buying the main Justice League series.
- STAR TREK BOLDLY GO #4 – This series picks up soon after the Enterprise was destroyed at the end of STAR TREK BEYOND. We have seen Kirk and company facing off against the Borg. Really good mini, but I am hoping we get another ongoing series soon. IDW’s Star Trek comics are always very good.
- OLD MAN LOGAN #16 – I typically try to stick to talking about the comics, but I saw the trailer for LOGAN again today. That movie looks incredible. The Wolverine solo movies have been a bit hit or miss, but making an adaptation of OLD MAN LOGAN seems like the right way to go. The comic itself is actually great. Wasn’t too keen on an old, alternate reality Wolverine, but Marvel has done a great job making the character relevant.
- Batman #14
- Flintstones #7
- Nightwing #12
- Superman #14
- G.I. JOE A Real American Hero #235
- Mickey Mouse #16
- Uncle Scrooge #22
- Autumnlands #14
- Saga #41
- Avengers #3
- Captain America Sam Wilson #17
- Champions #4
- Hawkeye #2
- Moon Knight #10
- Nova #2
- Scarlet Witch #14
- Spider-Man 2099 #19
- Unworthy Thor #3 (Of 5)
- A&A The Adventures Of Archer And Armstrong #11
- Faith #7
I love that 2017 is starting off with such a tiny week, giving my wallet a chance to recover from the holidays and too many Boxing Day sales at comics stores. I’m only getting twelve or thirteen books this week, which is how I wish it always was.
- Autumnlands #14 – This title is hella late, but also hella good, so I’m not mad at it. I’ve been looking forward to this for a while.
- Justice League of America: The Atom #1 – I’m squarely on the fence about this new JLA. I love the lineup (aside from Lobo, who I hate), and until the Monster Men mini-event, I’m a big fan of Steve Orlando’s writing. I also like Ryan Choi from back in the day. If it weren’t such a small week, I might have skipped this, but all things considered, I’m going to give it a shot probably.
- Midnighter and Apollo #4 – Speaking of Steve Orlando, I think this series has been great, although maybe not as good as the solo Midnighter comic that preceded it.
- Shade the Changing Girl #4 – This is the only Young Animal title I’ve stuck with, and it makes me happy. Marley Zarcone is a huge talent.
- Walking Dead #162 – The end of the Whisper War promises to be exciting. There’s been a lot of story packed into this arc, and I love it.
11 books this week.
- A&A: Adventures of Armstrong #11 – F-U-N!
- Batman #14 – An “I am Suicide” epilogue. I may been done with this book though. Wasn’t expecting to read this one this long, but I also love TEC. So, this series I’ll likely pick issues based on whether an arc intrigues me while TEC will stay an ongoing read.
- Cyborg #8 – This book moved from twice weekly to monthly and I think that’ll get the stories breathe and not over saturate Vic Stone. A great series.
- Death of Hawkman #4 – I think Hawkwoman takes a starring role in this issue.
- Fall and Rise of Captain Atom #1 – Interesting. With the Watchmen vs. DC Rebirth event coming in 2017, Captain Atom vs. Dr. Manhattan would be interesting.
- Green Arrow #14 – A solid read.
- Green Lanterns #14 – The end of the Phantom Lantern arc. It’s been a solid read.
- Justice League #12, Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #3 & Justice League of America: the Atom Rebirth #1 – 3 books involved in or stemming from DC’s current big event book.
- Superman #14 – See my Batman #14 remarks above and replace Batman for Superman and TEC for Action Comics. That said, this new Multiversity related arc intrigues me as does Superman Reborn so I may have a few more months of this book in me.
Not a very big week for me!
- Batman #14 – I wasn’t too big on Tom King taking over for Batman at first, but many things about “I Am Suicide” were better than previous arcs. We’ll see where it goes from here.
- Deadpool the Duck #1 – I’m not reading many Marvel books nowadays, but there’s no way I can pass this up.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us – Ground Zero #3 – I’m enjoying the Harley-perspective aspect of this new series. I’ve enjoyed this world from day one, and it’s only been getting better since.
- Nightwing #12 – I keep waiting for this latest run on Nightwing to get better, but it’s just not happening for me. This may be getting axed off my pull list soon.
- Superman #14 – The last two issues felt like a kind of throw-in arc, a break between major events. This issue should get us back on track as Multiplicity begins! Any chance for more Red Son stories? I’m in!
- The Fall And Rise of Captain Atom #1 – I can’t remember the last time I read a comic with Captain Atom in it, so this is an unexpected treat this week. And it’s only a mini-series, so no hesitation here.
- Other issues I’m looking forward to:
- DC Comics Bombshells #21
- Hawkeye #2
- Justice League #12
- Justice League of America: The Atom #1
- The Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw #14
- The Wicked + The Divine #25
Tags: Pull List Roundtable