Traditionally, fifth weeks are usually when comic companies release specials or annuals. But more and more, Marvel just spreads their books across all five weeks of the month. Still overall, this is pretty a small week for me.
- CABLE #1 – I can’t say this enough: James Robinson has been putting out some terrific work for Marvel in recent years. One of my favorite comics when I started reading them was X-FORCE, so I have always had a soft spot for Cable. Really curious what Robinson can do with the character.
- SECRET EMPIRE #2 – This story feels a little too much like AGE OF ULTRON or CIVIL WAR to me, but Nick Spencer still manages to make it feel compelling. The twist ending from last issue did grab my attention, but on a whole, this is just another Marvel event in a long running series of them.
- GENERATION X #2 – Off to a real strong start! Actually I am basically enjoying all the X-Men books right now, and it’s been a long time since I felt that way. Still hoping that Chamber has a bigger role in this book, but a worthy return for one of my favorite titles.
- SAGA #43 – As part of Image’s 25th anniversary celebration, this book is only 25 cents and it’s supposed to be a good jump on point. Been a fan of Saga from day 1 (and I have the reviews to prove it). It is one of the consistently great comics on the market. Often heart-breaking, but with a lot of humor and creativity to it. Can’t recommend this one enough.
- Previews #345
- Josie And The Pussycats #7
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2017 Annual #1
- WWE #5
- Flash #23
- Trinity Annual #1
- Wonder Woman Annual #1
- Back To The Future Biff To The Future #5
- Donald Duck #20
- Micronauts Wrath Of Karza #2 (Of 5)
- Star Trek Waypoint #5 (Of 6)
- Captain America Sam Wilson #22
- Deadpool #31
- Doctor Strange #21
- Gwenpool The Unbelievable #16
- Hulk #6
- Man-Thing #4 (Of 5)
- Moon Knight #14
- Occupy Avengers #7
- Old Man Logan #24
- Secret Empire Uprising #1
- Star Wars Doctor Aphra #7
3 books this week.
- Cable #1
- Teen Titans The Lazarus Contract Annual / Special #1
- Trinity Annual #1
- Aliens: Dead Space #2 – James Stokoe on Aliens. Nothing more needs to be said about this – it’s as good as you imagine!
- Captain America: Sam Wilson #22 – I’ve been enjoying Nick Spencer’s Sam Wilson way more than I have his Steve Rogers, and this is the first issue of Sam’s series that ties into what’s going on in Secret Empire. It should be interesting.
- Doctor Strange #21 – Somehow Marvel got Niko Henrichon (of Pride of Baghdad) to do a monthly Dr. Strange comic. What’s weird about that is that I’m not seeing a lot of promotion or hype. This should be gorgeous!
- Paklis #1 – Dustin Weaver is a very interesting artist. His work on Shield with Jonathan Hickman was gorgeous, and his manga-influenced Infinity Gauntlet was the best of the Secret Wars miniseries. Now he’s doing his own thing at Image, with an anthology title, and I’m pretty excited to see it.
- Teen Titans: Lazarus Contract Special #1 – I’ve been enjoying this Deathstroke-driven crossover, and am excited to see it end next week.
Tags: Pull List Roundtable