Jean-Claude Van Damme burst onto the action film scene with a killer name, lethal moves and a boss nickname as the Muscles from Brussels. The man made being from Belgium dangerous unlike Tintin. You ever think Tintin could kick your ass? Of course not. His dog Snowy was more intimidating. Van Damme made people think of that country as fiercer than a bowl of Brussel Sprouts. Cyborg came from a unique event of Cannon Films having to kill their Masters of the Universe sequel and Spider Man. Director Albert Pyun (Captain America) had to come up with a single film that could use all the wardrobe and sets made for the films. What he came up with involved a post-apocalyptic South and our only hope lies in the fighting skills of Van Damme as Gibson Rickenbacker. Yes, he’s named after two guitar companies. Now Cyborg is getting the Scream Factory treatment. The bonus features includes extra interview footage from Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films. Here’s the press release from Shout! Factory:
CYBORG [COLLECTOR’S EDITION]
COMING TO BLU-RAY APRIL 24, 2018
Los Angeles, CA – Jean-Claude Van Damme stars as the future’s most fearsome warrior in the adrenaline-charged sci-fi thriller Cyborg, available on Blu-ray™ in a Scream Factory Collector’s Edition set loaded with new bonus features, on April 24, 2018.
Deteriorating from a deadly plague, 21st-Century America is descending into a barbaric nightmare. Only Pearl Prophet (Dayle Haddon), a beautiful half human/half cyborg, has the knowledge necessary to develop a vaccine. But during her quest to gather data and bring the cure to the world, Pearl is captured by cannibalistic Flesh Pirates who plot to keep the antidote for themselves and rule the world. Now, only saber-wielding hero Gibson Rickenbacker (Van Damme) can rescue her and save civilization.
Customers ordering Cyborg [Collector’s Edition] from ShoutFactory.com will receive a free 18×24 rolled poster featuring brand new artwork, available while supplies last, and will get their items 2 weeks before street date.
· NEW 4K scan from the original film elements
· NEW Audio Commentary with writer/director Albert Pyun
· NEW A Ravaged Future – The Making of CYBORG – featuring interviews with writer/director Albert Pyun, actors Vincent Klyn, Deborah Richter and Terrie Batson, director of photography Philip Alan Waters and editor Rozanne Zingale
· NEW Shoestring Fantasy – The Effects of CYBORG – featuring interviews with visual effects supervisor Gene Warren Jr., Go-Motion technician Christopher Warren and rotoscope artist Bret Mixon
· Extended interviews from Mark Hartley’s documentary ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: THE WILD, UNTOLD STORY OF CANNON FILMS with writer/director Albert Pyun and Sheldon Lettich
· Theatrical Trailer
· Still Gallery
Tags: Cyborg, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Scream Factory