The ’80s were a fine time to be a teenager since you had the chance to see movie about teenagers that were teenagers and not mutants or superheroes. They were kids trying to understand the ways of the world. Valley Girl was a perfect example. The song wasn’t a strict interpretation of Frank Zappa and his daughter Moon Unit’s epic about life just over the hills from Hollywood. This didn’t happen because the producers didn’t license the song from the Zappas. There was a lawsuit. Deborah Foreman is a Valley girl who finds herself involved with a more savage guy from Hollywood (Fast Times in Ridgemont Highs‘s Nick Cage). Everyone isn’t thrilled by the new guy. But can they really make it work? Here’s the press release from Shout! Factory with all the bonus features on the October release:
VALLEY GIRL (COLLECTOR’S EDITION)
DEBUTS ON BLU-RAY™ OCTOBER 16, 2018
FROM SHOUT SELECT
She’s cool. He’s hot. She’s from the Valley. He’s not.
Los Angeles, CA – In celebration of the film’s 35th anniversary, Shout Select will release the seminal romantic comedy Valley Girl for the first time on Blu-ray on October 16, 2018. This release will feature a brand-new transfer and come packed with bonus features, including new and extended interviews with cast and crew. Fans can preorder now at shoutfactory.com.
Nicolas Cage and Deborah Foreman star in the totally awesome comedy Valley Girl! When Julie Foreman (April Fool’s Day, My Chauffeur) dumps her preppy boyfriend, the last thing she expects is to find love with the rockin’ Randy (Cage). The future’s open wide for Julie… but when her disapproving friends (E.G. Daily, Heidi Holicker, Michelle Meyrink) find Randy to be grody to the max, she is caught up in a culture clash between her Valley lifestyle and her Hollywood punk.
Featuring a so-bitchin’ soundtrack packed with New Wave hits, Valley Girl is a sweetly romantic slice of 80s nostalgia from director Martha Coolidge (Real Genius). Are you going to love it? We’re, like, so sure!
· NEW HD Film Transfer
· NEW “In Conversation – Director Martha Coolidge with Actors E.G. Daily and Heidi Holicker”
· NEW “Greetings from the San Fernando Valley” (A short history of the iconic San Fernando Valley) Hosted by Tommy Gelinas of The Valley Relics Museum
· NEW Extended Interviews from 2003 with Nicolas Cage, Cameron Dye, Frederic Forrest, E.G. Daily, Colleen Camp, Lee Purcell, Producers Andrew Lane and Wayne Crawford, Peter Case of The Plimsouls, Josie Cotton, DJ Richard Blade, and more
· Storyboard to Film Comparisons
· Photo Gallery
· Feature Length Audio Commentary with Director Martha Coolidge
· “Valley Girl: 20 Totally Tubular Years Later”
· “In Conversation: Nicolas Cage and Martha Coolidge”
· “The Music of Valley Girl”
Tags: Nic Cage, Shout Select, Valley Girl