(2012 Scott sez: I saw this one live in the theatre at the time, but didn't do this rant on it until a couple of years later. So there's not likely to be much in the way of extra comments here, sorry.)
The SmarK Retro Rant for WWE Royal Rumble 2006
- Live from Miami, FL.
- Your hosts are Joey & King & Tazz & Cole»»
- Thanks to all those who bought "Tonight...In This Very Ring" over the weekend, temporarily pushing it as high as #2000 on the Amazon rankings for most of the weekend. They should be shipping from Amazon soon and in bookstores by the end of the month, so hang tight! (2012 Scott sez: Unfortunately none of my other books came close to those sales numbers, which is why “Tonight…" is the only one to date that I actually made royalties from over and above the initial advance. Or maybe my agent was just screwing me out of hundreds of hard-earned dollars all this time. Either way.)
- Live from Boston (2012 Scott sez: BOOOOOOOOOO!), which rhymes with Austin. Is this a sign of his impending return? STAY TUNED! (2012 Scott sez: Kind of was, yeah.)
- Your hosts are JR & King & Cole & Tazz.»»
Scott Reviews The New 52 (And Other Stuff Too!) – 01.10.12 Sorry for the lateness, but life happens. Another week, another new title to be added to the pull-list. Scarlet Spider #1 Marvel's Point One special was kind of dogshit, but the »»
The Netcop Retro Rant for Royal Rumble 1997
I will refrain from commentating overly on the Vince Russo thing until I can make a proper column on the subject. Suffice it to say, I TOLD YOU SO, and everyone who flamed me for my “That's [Sports] Entertainment" column back in October where I said that this exact situation would come about can start sending apologetic e-mail to me any day now. (2012 Scott sez: So that would place this rant in early 2000, when Russo got canned. And again, hard to believe that I could have any kind of proper perspective on a show only 3 years old at that point.)
Live from San Antonio, TX
Your hosts are Vince, Jerry & Good ol' JR»»
The Netcop Retro Rant for Royal Rumble 95 - Live from Tampa, FL. - Your hosts are Mr. McMahon & The King (2012 Scott sez: I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that I did a redo of this show after the “Netcop" era, but I can't find one, so I guess I'm losing my mind again. This one is written in the post-2000 style, though, so who knows.) - Welcome to the great downward slide of the WWF, as this is the first of many financially disastrous PPVs featuring Kevin Nash as World champion and a cast of characters that no one gave a crap about. »»
The Netcop Retro Rant for Royal Rumble 94
- Live from Providence, Rhode Island. Is that the state or Dusty while he's swimming?
- Your hosts are Ted Dibiase (the Million Dollar Man) and Vince McMahon (The Billion Dollar Man). Triviata: Ted Dibiase is the only color man to have done a PPV with both Vince McMahon AND Eric Bischoff (this show and Souled Out 97 respectively), although I don't know if the same applies to TV broadcasts. If you add TV broadcasts, you can add Bobby Heenan to that list.»»