– This week’s Raw drew a 3.5 rating with a 5.3 share, according to Nielsen Media Research, with hours of 3.4 and 3.5. This is down from the 3.6 rating of the previous two weeks, but up from the 3.4 rating the week before that. The peak rating was a 3.8 for the overrun featuring Triple H vs. Eugene, and the seventh quarter hour faltered with a 3.2 rating. Velocity did a 0.5 cable rating, with a 1 share. The WWE Experience did a 0.4 cable rating, with a 1.1 share. Heat did a 0.9 cable rating, with a 1.7 share. [Credit: Nielsen Media Research, PWInsider.com, PWTorch.com]
– Bruce Prichard, from the Smackdown creative team, has not been at Smackdown for the last few weeks due to personal issues, and the weight of writing Smackdown has fallen mostly on the shoulders of David Lagana. [Credit: Dave Scherer, PWInsider.com]
– A board has been set up where fans can send messages to Matt Hardy at while he recuperates from knee surgery, at omegamade.com. [Credit: WrestlingObserver.com]
– WWE.com today notes that Steve “Dr. Death” Williams has been stricken with cancer, in a story located here. They have set up an email address to write to Williams, which you can access by clicking here.
– Those who complained to WWE about the course language used by the RAW Diva Search candidates on Monday received this statement from WWE: “Notwithstanding the 5 second delay from our live programming to telecast, last night’s Raw program aired unacceptable language during a live Diva Search segment. For which we apologize to our audience.” [Credit: PWInsider.com]
– WWE released the following information today:
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., Declares Quarterly Dividend
Wednesday September 1, 10:59 am ET
STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sept. 1, 2004–World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE – News) announced that its board of directors declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.06 on all Class A and Class B common shares. The record date for the dividend is September 30, 2004. The payment date will be October 12, 2004.
Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include the conditions of the markets for live events, broadcast television, cable television, pay-per-view, Internet, entertainment, professional sports, and licensed merchandise; acceptance of the CompanyÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢??s brands, media and merchandise within those markets; uncertainties relating to litigation; risks associated with producing live events both domestically and internationally; uncertainties associated with international markets; risks relating to maintaining and renewing key agreement, including television distribution agreement; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated.