May 4, 2005, Runnemede, NJ – After a slight delay in securing more signatures and sketches for the premiere Army of Darkness Trading Card series, the company today announced a May ship date for the first wave of trading cards.
“First, let’s lead off with the bad news. Due to circumstances beyond our control, Bruce (“Ash”) Campbell Signed Cards will NOT be included in this series,” explained Nick Barrucci, President of Dynamic Forces. “Bruce had a conflict, and had to withdraw from signing any cards. We’re extremely disappointed, and we know the fans will be disappointed, but unfortunately, it’s totally out of our hands. We need to respect Bruce.”
“Having said that,” continued Barrucci, “We don’t feel that the fans should suffer, and therefore DF is going to do our best to make up for Bruce not being able to sign. We wanted to make sure everything was going to come out as good as possible for the fans, and we had a few additional actors and artists that we wanted to include, that we think fans will agree are worth the wait! As a matter of fact, DF is trying our best to make up for the missing Bruce Campbell signatures, DF will now be adding in a bonus: A) 2 confirmed signatures, B) an additional random signature, and C) additional random sketch card – IN EVERY BOX that was to have the Bruce Campbell signatures – to help make up for the unexpected changes. DF has also limited the case count to 300 cases, and with the amount of cards going to the studio, actors and creators, allocations may occur”
- In a minimum of two boxes per case — in place of the Bruce Campbell signed cards that were to be included in those 2 boxes per case — DF is now adding in a combined total of 7 signed and sketched cards in those selected boxes, This includes all 3 available AOD Actor Signed Cards PLUS 2 random signed cards by the cool creators from the comic book series PLUS 2 random hand drawn sketched cards! And that doesn’t even count the Glow-In-The Dark Chase cards!
- Each and every box will include 2 Signature Cards (1 from an AOD Actor and the other from an AOD comic creator/artist) and 1 hand drawn Sketched Card!
- Rare Binder Card will now feature an original piece of AOD art from artist Tim Seely!
- Retailer incentive box topper will now be a Jim Kuhoric signed card as well as feature an artists sketch!
DF advises that retailers review their orders, and adjust to order less, or more, depending on their needs based on this updated information.
Featuring images from the AWESOME Army of Darkness film by Sam (Spider-Man) Raimi and the Army of Darkness Comic Book Series from Dynamite Entertainment, this series will feature classic images from the movie original and comic art created exclusively for this trading card series!
Look for signatures from:
- Duke Henry the Red/Richard Grove
- The Wiseman/Ian Abercrombie
- Mini Ash/Bruce Thomas
- AOD Artist Nick Bradshaw
- AOD Writers Andy Hartnell and James Kuhoric
- AOD cover artists Greg Land, Aaron Lopresti, and J. Scott Campbell!
Look for sketched cards, featuring pieces of unique, original art from:
- AOD Artist Nick Bradshaw
- Exclusive AOD Trading Card sketch artists: John Lucas, Gordon Purcell, Tim Seely, Robert Randle, Filip Sablik, and John Czop!
Chase Cards and premiums include:
- 2 ULTRA-RARE Glow-In-The-Dark cards per box. 6 “Glow” cards in all!
- Hobby Market Exclusive Box Topper!
Fans and retailers should also note that the signed binder will now be available at a Suggested Retail Price of $49.99, as will also no longer feature the card signed by Bruce Campbell, but will have the exclusive hand drawn Re-Marked card!
Look for AOD Trading Cards in your local comics shop, and look for more information of this series and other exciting AOD products from Dynamic Forces.
ARMY OF DARKNESS PREMIERE TRADING CARD SERIES – BOX
ARMY OF DARKNESS PREMIERE TRADING CARD SERIES – PACK
ARMY OF DARKNESS PREMIERE TRADING CARD BINDER
ARMY OF DARKNESS PREMIERE TRADING CARD BINDER – Featuring an Exclusive Signed Card!
For more information on Dynamic Forces specialty merchandise, product art, exclusive creator interviews and upcoming releases, please visit the Dynamic Forces website at www.dynamicforces.com.