Credit: bostonwrestling.com and pwtorch.com
– Balls Mahoney & Axl Rotten defeated the Shane Twins. “ECW” got a great ovation but the match wasn’t very crisp.
– “The Future” Frankie Kazarian defeated Nunzio. After the win, Kazarian got some mic time, saying he is the future “and the future is bright.”
– Simon Dean defeated Mike Kruel. After the match, Dean shoved a protein bar down Kruel’s throat.
– In the middle of the Velocity taping, the set changed to the Smackdown images for a promo with Muhammad Hassan and Khosrow Daivari. Hassan said he’s the last true American hero but is labeled a terrorist. Daivari spoke in Arabic about The Undertaker.
– Chris Benoit defeated William Regal via submission. Benoit used a tombstone piledriver followed by the Crippler Crossface for the win. I don’t know about “sports entertainment,” but this was one of the better pro wrestling matches WWE has offered in awhile, including some good color from Regal. Worth going out of your way to see if you don’t normally watch Velocity.
– Smackdown opened with Eddie Guerrero cutting a promo saying that Rey Mysterio wasn’t at the building tonight. He said it was time for a bedtime story for Domenic and he was going to expose the secret. Guerrero’s wife, Vicki, and their two daughters came to ringside before he could reveal what the secret is. Eddie forcefully grabbed his wife and walked her to the back.
– Coming back from commercial break, Guerrero was walking his family to the car as his wife pleaded with him not to hurt Mysterio and his family. They walked by a host of independent wrestlers from New England, including Todd Hanson and “Slyk” Wagner Brown. As Eddie was screaming at his wife, Hardcore Holly tried to calm him down. Eddie’s wife slapped him across the mouth.
– Mexicools (Juventud Guerrera & Super Crazy & Psicosis) defeated Paul London & Scotty Too Hotty & Funaki. Juvy pinned Paul London following a 450 splash where Juvy appeared to land on London’s face. The taping was delayed for a few minutes while the medical staff came out to check on London, but he made it to the back on his own.
– Back from break, a camera was on Candice Michelle, who looking in the mirror for no apparent reason. Christian came up to her and talked about wanting to be her friend, and how the younger wrestlers of Smackdown were coming to him for advice on how to be a superstar. Booker T and Sharmell were walking by and started laughing at him, setting up a match for later on.
– Backstage, Josh Matthews interviewed Batista about his match with JBL at Great American Bash.
– Melina was upset about Torrie being on the cover of the new Smackdown magazine and ripped it out of her hands. She said Torrie is old and washed up. Torrie challenged her to a bra and panties match.
– Heidenreich was coming to the ring for a match and MNM attacked him from behind. While they were double-teaming him, Road Warrior Animal’s music and entrance video hit. Animal came out and cleaned house. MNM ran into the crowd and Mercury challenged the Road Warriors to a tag team title match at Great American Bash. Nitro interrupted and said they couldn’t because Hawk was dead. Instead, Animal offered to let Heidenreich be his friend at the Bash and the match was made. The crowd was disgusted by the remark about Hawk.
– Eddie Guerrero defeated Hardcore Holly via submission. Guerrero got the win using the Texas Cloverleaf after using a black club from under the ring while the ref had something in his eye. After the match, Guerrero challenged Mysterio to a match at the Bash where if Guerrero won, he would tell the world the secret, but if he lost, he would keep it locked away forever.
– Muhammad Hassan’s attorney, Thomas Whittman, came to the ring and announced that Hassan is taking a leave of absence from WWE and would not appear on Smackdown until he defeats the Undertaker on pay-per-view. He said a match had already been signed for Undertaker-Hassan at the Bash. Undertaker came out to chokeslam and tombstone the lawyer in a segment that went over pretty well with the live crowd.
– Christian defeated Booker T (w/Sharmell). Christian jumped both Booker and Sharmell on their way to the ring. Christian tossed Booker into the ring steps and gave him the Unprettier for the pin in an extremely quick match.
– The Great American Bash line-up was reviewed: Batista vs. JBL for the World Championship, Undertaker vs. Muhammad Hassan, Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio in a “Secret Match,” Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan for the U.S. Title, MNM vs. Road Warrior Animal & Heidenreich for the Tag Team Titles, Booker T vs. Christian, Torrie Wilson vs. Melina in a Bra & Panties Match.
– Batista defeated Orlando Jordan in a Champion vs. Champion match. JBL cut a promo before the match about the Blue Meanie before saying that Batista wouldn’t wrestle him at WrestleMania 21 earlier in the year when he had a chance. He had the camera zoom in on the stitches on his face and the staples on his head from last week. JBL interfered constantly during the match, leading to a ref bump where JBL clocked Batista with a chair. JBL rolled Jordan on top, but only got a two count. Batista recovered and hit the Batista Bomb for the win. JBL laid out Batista in the post-match.
POST SHOW DARK MATCH
– John Cena & Batista defeated Triple H & JBL. After the Smackdown taping ended, Triple H hit the ring for a two-on-one attack, leading to a wild reaction when John Cena’s music played. Triple H and JBL worked over Batista for most of the match until he made the hot tag to Cena, which led to an FU on Triple H and Batista Bomb on JBL for the double pin.
Credit: bostonwrestling.com and pwtorch.com