– According to PWInsider.com’s Mike Johnson, CM Punk’s dark match at last week’s RAW was received well, as opposed to his debut the week before. He should be heading to OVW soon and is still Ring of Honor Champion, with this coming Saturday against longtime friend Colt Cabana in Chicago (Colt’s hometown) being his final match on his final night with the promotion. He wrote the following in his LiveJournal as well:
“I’m trying to wrap my head around the fact that what I’ve been doing with ROH for three years all comes to a close in seven sort days. Time flies they say, and before I know it, it’ll be next Sunday, and i’ll be dropping off a very drunk Samoa Joe at the airport, saying goodbye to Homicide, and just trying to enjoy ever second I have left with my friends…my family. My support system. It hasn’t been the easiest year for me thus far. Sure, some great stuff has happened to me, and my hard work has started to show signs of paying off, but not a day goes by when I think of certain people and want to ask them “why?”, right before I twist their neck. Living well is the best revenge, and I’m hell bent on giving the Chicago ROH fans one hell of an ending to my story this Saturday. Wrestling is emotion. Come watch me do what I do best. Then party all night long with the Embassy like it’s 1979, EH?!!!??”
– Recent WWE signee Matt Striker gave a thank you speech following a run-in at the WORLD-1 event in Philadelphia this past weekend.
– Spanky and Jamie Noble are expected to start back with WWE within the next two months, after finishing out their indie commitments. ZERO-ONE MAX in Japan, for which Spanky was appearing, knew about his desire to return to WWE a few months ago, and he is already done with them. He and Jamie team up in Ring of Honor this weekend.
– WWE developmental talents Paul Birchall and The Blonde Bombers (Chad and Tank Toland) will get main roster looks soon. Birchall and William Regal may team up.
– In other WWE news, Mike Johnson is also reporting that WWE is close to purchasing the St. Louis Wrestling library owned by Larry Matysik, containing about 40 hours of footage from the latter part of the territory.
– Manager of TNA’s NWA Tag Team Champions The Naturals, Jimmy Hart, talks about Bret Hart in this article on WWE.com.
Credit: PWInsider.com, WWE.com, ROHWrestling.com