Here is the latest update of InsidePulse Wrestling’s OFFICIAL rankings* of the WWE RAW and Smackdown rosters … posted a week after final WWE PPV event of each month. Check out this link for last month’s rankings (as of August 26), and click here to see the many changes in the RAW and SD rosters since the last rankings report.
(Last month’s ranking for each superstar are in parentheses following each name, with italicized comments included where appropriate.)
Official InsidePulse Rankings for WWE RAW and Smackdown – 09.26.05
WWE Champion – John Cena (Same)
Intercontinental Champion – Ric Flair (NR)
1. Kurt Angle (1) – Beat John Cena by DQ at Unforgiven; remains strong/central part of RAW.
2. Matt Hardy (6) – Defeated Edge and stole the show at Unforgiven; part of recent RAW main event; has a chance at a title shot on October 3 RAW.
3. Edge (2) – Despite no wins in the past month, still has his “money in the bank” title shot and prominently featured on RAW.
4. Shawn Michaels (4) – Beat Chris Masters at Unforgiven.
5. Chris Masters (5) – Holding his own in feud with HBK.
6. Big Show (10) – Big jump for the giant, who went undefeated for the month and was all over RAW, being pushed like a monster once again.
7. Carlito Caribbean Cool (IC Champ) – On a cold streak after loss with Flair, although still featured prominently enough to be in the top 10.
8. Rob Conway (7) – Remains undefeated; drops a spot only due to Big Show’s jump up the list.
9. Shelton Benjamin (8) – Steady performer, if not doing anything special right now.
10. Tyson Tomko (NR) – Only loss was to Cena, and seems to be getting a renewed push.
Eugene Dinsmore (9)
Gene Snitsky (NR)
Johnny Parisi (NR)
Kerwin White (NR)
Lance Cade (NR)
Matt Striker (NR)
Rene Dupree (NR)
The Hurricane (NR)
Trevor Murdoch (NR)
Val Venis (NR)
Champion – Trish Stratus (Same)
1. Lita (1)
2. Victoria (2)
3. Ashley Massaro (3)
4. Torrie Wilson (4)
5. Candice Michelle (5)
World Champions – Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch (NR)
1. The Hurricane & Rosey (Champs)
2. Val Venis & Viscera (NR)
3. Chris Masters & Carlito (NR)
4. Eugene & Tajiri (NR)
5. The Heartthrobs (Romeo & Antonio) (1)
Not Active Wrestlers (since August 26):
Eric Bischoff (NR)
Hulk Hogan (3)
Jerry Lawler (NR)
Jim Ross (NR)
Jonathan Coachman (NR)
Maria Kanellis (NR)
Mick Foley (NR)
Nick Nemeth (NR)
Rob Van Dam (NR)
Stone Cold (NR)
The Rock (NR)
Todd Grisham (NR)
Triple H (NR)
World Champion – Dave Batista (Same)
United States Champion – Chris Benoit (Same)
1. Eddie Guerrero (5) – Named #1 Contender by Long & Cannon.
2. The Undertaker (4) – Got his win back from Orton and is a part of second-most prominent storyline on SD.
3. Randy Orton (2) – Drops a spot after loss to Taker, but remains featured on SD.
4. Rey Mysterio (3) – Only one win in the past month, but over former Champ JBL.
5. John Bradshaw Layfield (1) – Can’t buy a win after losing to Batista at Friday Night Smackdown premiere.
6. Booker T (7) – Getting more airtime, so moves up a slot.
7. Christian (6) – Only one singles match in the month, but still featured.
8. Ken Kennedy (NR) – Unstoppable, undefeated and debuts on the list at #8, with a good chance to move up once the caliber of his opponents improves.
9. Hardcore Holly (9) – Still no losses in the month, so he stays at #9.
10. Orlando Jordan (8) – Drops down to the bottom of the list, but continues to get US Title shots vs. Benoit. If Lashley, Basham or Sylvain are impressive this month, OJ really risks losing his spot for the first time in months.
Big Vito (NR)
Bobby Lashley (NR)
Doug Basham (NR)
Joey Mercury (NR)
Johnny Nitro (NR)
Road Warrior Animal (NR)
Steven Richards (NR)
Sylvain Grenier (NR)
William Regal (10)
Champion – Nunzio (Same)
1. Brian “Spanky” Kendrick (NR)
2. Paul London (1)
3. Super Crazy (NR)
4. Simon Dean (3)
5. Scotty 2 Hotty (NR)
WWE Champions – Heidenreich & Road Warrior Animal (Same)
1. Mexicools (Super Crazy & Psicosis) (2)
2. MNM (1)
3. William Regal & Paul Burchill (NR)
4. Nunzio & Big Vito (NR)
5. Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki (NR)
Not Active Wrestlers (since August 26):
Christy Hemme (NR)
Cowboy Bob Orton (NR)
Jillian Hall (NR)
Josh Mathews (NR)
Michael Cole (NR)
Michelle McCool (NR)
Palmer Cannon (NR)
Stacey Keibler (NR)
Theodore Long (NR)
*In this monthly feature, the InsidePulse Wrestling editorial board ranks the heavyweight, women/cruiserweight, and tag team divisions on World Wrestling Entertainment’s RAW and Smackdown brands. Rankings include the top ten heavyweights, top five women/cruiserweights, and top five tag teams on each brand, and include everyone listed on WWE.com’s RAW and SD Superstars pages, plus regular, unlisted competitors from each brand.
These rankings take into account (in order):
– Current title status**
– Declared and presumed storyline rankings
– Recent victories and quality of opponents
– Quality of matches (psychology, workrate, and entertainment value)
– Quality of TV exposure (length, placement during show, and crowd response)
**In the heavyweight division, “secondary” champions are always de facto top contenders unless otherwise stated on television.
Agree? Disagree? Click over to our Reader Forums and share your thoughts!