Total Nonstop Action Wrestling held their first TV taping tonight in Orlando, FL, for shows to appear on Spike. The first hour of tapings will air this Saturday night at 11pm ET (and repeated on Monday night at Midnight ET); the second hour will air on October 8 and 10.
– AMW came out prior to the show to get heel heat with the fans, saying they teamed up with Jeff Jarrett because after three years of busting their asses, the fans didn’t appreciate it. Jarrett then came out to gloat, and security stopped Raven from jumping him.
– Jeff Hardy was in the ring with Mike Tenay. Rhino and Abyss came to the ring but security intervened before anything could happen.
– AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jeff Hardy, Team Canada, 3 Live Kru, America’s Most Wanted, Jeff Jarrett, Rhino, Raven and Tito Ortiz all came out and stood in different areas of the arena, possibly for introductions.
– In a match taped for Xplosion, NWA Tag Team Champions The Naturals along with Lance Hoyt defeated Elix Skipper, Cassidy Riley and David Young.
– The first iMPACT! hour began with TNA X Division Champion AJ Styles beating Roderick Strong with a rollup. Christopher Daniels came out to ringside, but the finish was botched, with the match reportedly not being what it needed to be, so it was re-taped between shows.
– Shane Douglas interviewed Monty Brown, who then beat Lex Lovett with the Pounce.
– Raven was going crazy backstage, attacking everyone, obviously mad because he lost his title to Jarrett recently in a non-televised show in Canada.
– An X Division video package aired.
– Chris Sabin defeated Petey Williams and Alex Shelley after Sabin pinned Shelley following a Cradleshock, in a good match. After the three-way ended, Williams hit the Canadian Destroyer on Sabin.
– Shane Douglas tried to interview Larry Zbyszko backstage, but Larry and Tito Ortiz went into an office.
– Jeff Hardy and Rhino were up next, but the match ended in a no contest with Abyss and Sabu joining the schmozz. This was said to be sub-par.
– A video package of Jeff Jarrett’s NWA Championship win over Raven aired, with it revealed that Team Canada’s recently absent coach Scott D’Amore was on Jarrett’s side all along.
– Main Event Interview: NWA Champion Jeff Jarrett and AMW came to the ring, and Jarrett brought out D’Amore and put him over for helping him regain the title.
– D’Amore said it was now Jeff’s time to pay up, but 3LK came out. Konnan cut a promo on Jarrett saying he was putting the crowd to sleep, and then a brawl ensued.
– The former Dudley Boyz ran in and hit the 3-D on Harris and Storm as Jarrett ran up the ramp. Kevin Nash came up behind him and Jacknife’d him on the stage, then challenged Jarrett to a title match at Bound For Glory. Devon then challenged AMW for “next week” and Bubba grabbed the mic and told Stamford to “trademark this” — a catch phrase on the back of their t-shirts.
Credit: Various sources, including WrestlingObserver.com/Sean Hummel and PWInsider.com/Mike Johnson/Richard Trionfo