– In today’s Charlotte Observer Ric Flair responds to road rage accusations by saying “I didn’t do anything wrong at all. As usual, I will be exonerated.” The story has also been picked up by AP, several NBC affiliates, and elsewhere. He was also scheduled to make an appearance on the “John Boy and Billy” radio show this morning.
– Originally, according to PWInsider.com, the plan at Survivor Series was to have “security” pull Triple H and Ric Flair apart after their Last Man Standing bout, but Flair wanted to be left laying instead.
– Tonight, Smackdown tapes its show from Cincinnatti, from where they will also broadcast tonight’s UPN “Smackdown Special” live, featuring Big Show vs. Rey and Benoit vs. Booker, as well as angles building to Friday’s regularly scheduled SD.
– In a Joey Styles update, WWE and the announcer have, according to PWInsider.com, “come to a verbal agreement for Styles to become the permanent lead announcer for Monday Night Raw.”
– WWE Creative will be at OVW tomorrow to scout talent during the pre-TV taping afternoon session. Several OVW workers were at RAW last night and will be at SD tonight.