– Smackdown will air after basketball tonight in Orlando and Chicago. Here’s the official preview from WWE.com:
March 17, 2006
How will Kurt Angle, Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio all be able to get on the same page in time for Saturday Night’s Main Event? General Manager Theodore Long thinks he has the solution. Just one day before Saturday Night’s Main Event, the GM has ordered that the World Heavyweight Champion and his two WrestleMania challengers all team up together on SmackDown to take on WWE Tag Team Champions MNM and Mark Henry. Will the WrestleMania opponents be able to work as a team, or will the combustibility of the situation take over and cause them to be at each other’s throats?
Plus, last week Undertaker challenged Mark Henry to a Casket Match at WrestleMania 22. Henry will be a part of the big six-man tag team main event, but will the World’s Strongest Man have something to say this week about the Casket Match?
For the last few weeks, Lashley and Finlay have been brawling inside and outside of the ring. Last week their Money in the Bank Qualifying Match never even got underway because they started fighting before Lashley even got in the ring. They ended up in the parking lot where Lashley literally flipped over a car. This week they will face each other in a Lumberjack Match, and the match will once agan serve as a Money in the Bank Qualifying Match for WrestleMania 22. Will the lumberjacks surrounding the ring be able to keep order long enough to see who will be heading to WrestleMania 22?
Two weeks ago Matt Hardy answered WWE Tag Team Champions MNM’s open challenge and his partner was Road Warrior Animal. The two seemed to have things going their way until Hardy called for Animal to go to the top for the Doomsday Device. The maneuver was broken up and Hardy was pinned. After the match a frustrated Road Warrior Animal attacked Hardy. Hardy laid out a challenge that Animal was more than happy to accept, and the two will meet in a Money inthe Bank Qualifying Match this week. Last week, Road Warrior Animal said that he carried Hawk in the Legion of Doom and that his last partner Heidenreich and Hardy were screw-ups. He also said he was done with tag teams and is only looking out for himself. Can the tag team legend get his singles career off to a hot start, or will Hardy exact some revenge?
Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown for all of this and more at 8/7 CT on UPN.
– It’s official: Shannon Moore has signed with WWE. Here’s an interview from WWE.com, in which he refers to TNA as — this is classic — “down south.” He also notes that he has opened a wrestling school, and uses the “Prince of Punk” description of himself.
– The final Money the Bank slot (two are decided tonight on SD) will be determined at the Smackdown tapings Monday in Memphis, in a battle royale, according to Dave Meltzer at WrestlingObserver.com.
– According to PWInsider.com, Rene Dupree and The Bashams were recently offered new deals. Neither of the three has been utilized on WWE TV lately.
– Alex Marvez’ latest column can be found here.
– On his MySpace, Marty Jannetty posted the following message, according to PWInsider.com:
“At this moment, I do not have access to a computer, so I will not be able to respond to any messages you send me, nor will I be able to post any blogs. I’ve also taken down all my blogs for the time being for security purposes, so everyone posting comments on any of my blogs, I appologize ahead of time.
If anyone needs to get in contact with me, you can go through my good friend Patrick Tanaka, who I just recently added to my top 8. If he doesn’t respond, try “Your RoleModel” Ric Lieb, who is also on my top 8.
Before the rumors start flying around, I am not in any trouble, I’m not hurt and there is nothing life threatening, I just can’t access my computer right now, and my darn cell phone is also not working. As soon as I get everything back in order I will make sure I get on here and tell you all.
Thank you for your patience,