PURE ’80s: #1s GIVEAWAY
The Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ80s were a hit-and-miss decade. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pac-Man, MTV, “Miami Vice,” “Cheers,” “The Cosby Show,” the CD, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame were hits. The New Coke, the return of Haley’s Comet, and the DeLorean were misses. On the music charts, the hits and misses were just as obvious. Eighteen of the hits–all songs that peaked at #1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart, 11 of them gold or platinum–are heard on Pure Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ80s: #1s.
Pure ’80s #1s Tracklisting:
01. Survivor “Eye Of The Tiger”
02. Yes “Owner Of A Lonely Heart”
03. Robert Palmer “Addicted To Love”
04. Tears for Fears “Everybody Wants To Rule The World”
05. Simple Minds “Don’t You (Forget About Me)”
06. Steve Winwood “Higher Love”
07. Tina Turner “What’s Love Got To Do With It”
08. The Police “Every Breath You Take”
09. Christopher Cross “Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do)”
10. Mike + The Mechanics “The Living Years”
11. Bad English “When I See You Smile”
12. Mr. Mister “Kyrie”
13. Daryl Hall & John Oates “Kiss On My List”
14. Men At Work “Down Under”
15. Culture Club “Karma Chameleon”
16. Fine Young Cannibals “She Drives Me Crazy”
17. Michael Sembello “Maniac”
18. Lionel Richie “All Night Long (All Night)”
InsidePulse.com managed to get its hands on a few copies thanks in large part to Special Ops Media. To win, all you have to do is send in your name and address and answer a trivia question. But be sure to follow the rules below. All entries MUST be sent to the following e-mail address:
Be sure to include the phrase PURE ’80S in the subject line or your email will not be received.
Trivia Question: The hit romantic comedy The Break Up features a character singing one of the songs on this compilation. Name the song and the group who performs it.
In order to qualify for the prize drawing, all you have to do is answer the question correctly and send us a quick e-mail. The following rules apply:
1. Your full name and mailing address MUST be included with your entry. (This is necessary to notify the winner, and to arrange shipping of the prizes. Specific mailing address information will be kept confidential.)
2. Only ONE entry per person, per sweepstakes please!
3. The sweepstakes IS open to both U.S. and non-U.S. participants.
4. Family and friends of the InsidePulse staff are not eligible.
Entries will be accepted until Monday, June 26, 2006. The winners selected will be shipped the prize within the week.
All entries MUST be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor Audio Streams: