– WWE.com has not updated the RVD/Sabu story, although the Ironton Tribune has reported that “sources at the courthouse say the date has been changed, but has yet to be determined.” You can read the updated story here and the AP’s version of the story here.
– ECW.com’s preview for tonight’s show — during which Edge was to face RVD with both WWE and ECW Titles on the line — has been updated:
Fireworks on the 4th of July
By Louie Dee
July 4, 2006
Tonight, ECW on Sci Fi makes its first visit to ECW’s old stomping grounds in Philadelphia. ECW will be live from the Wachovia Center in south Philadelphia, and it will be make or break for the current number one ECW Extremist.
The main event was originally scheduled to be Rob Van Dam defending both the ECW and WWE Championships in an Extreme Rules Match. However, last night on RAW, Edge won a Triple Threat Match featuring RVD and John Cena to claim the WWE Championship.
So as of now, the main event appears to be Champion vs. Champion. Will both championships still be on the line when the Rated-R Superstar invades ECW tonight?
Of course, that match won’t be the only big bang on Independence Day. In the first few weeks of ECW on Sci Fi, we’ve seen Sandman dish out his brand of special punishment several times, Sabu showcase his extreme talents, and of course, Kelly’s Expose. Just about anything can and will happen on ECW on Sci Fi, so be sure to tune in this Tuesday night at 10/9 CT to catch the fireworks.
– WWE.com has announced that there will be a Battle Royal to determine the number one contender for Rey Mysterio’s World Title, with the winner facing Rey at The Great American Bash. The Battle Royal takes place on Friday’s show.
– Under the ‘Web Shows’ section of WWE.com, it now lists Heat as the only Web show. No archives for Velocity, Byte This or any of the online-only video features from the past such as the short-lived “Locker Room Lowdown” are on the site.
– You can order WWE’s new novel Big Apple Take Down (with WWE characters as spys) here.
– JR has a new monthly feature on WWE.com called “Throwback to the Future” and this month compares Carlito to former WWE Champion Pedro Morales.
– WWE.com has added commentary from Jimmy Hart, who has been visiting troops in Kuwait City.