– Are you the biggest Hulk Hogan fan? VH-1 is running a contest, with the winner appearing on “Hogan Knows Best.” For more information go here.
– SLAM! has reported how Canadian fans can FINALLY watch ECW. It will premiere on Friday, August 11 at midnight on Global Television Network, as well as on the Xtreme digital channel Saturdays at 1 p.m. and 9 p.m. and Sundays at 4 a.m. ET. You can read details here, including info on additional carriage of RAW and SD in Quebec.
– WrestlingObserver.com is reporting that this weekend’s ECW shows were cancelled at the last minute, because (potential spoiler if you highlight the following text) it was decided today to have ECW stars involved in Sunday’s Smackdown PPV, and WWE didn’t want to have the whole crew on the road for two days in a row with most of them having nothing to do. According to PWInsider, while WWE.com took the dates off of their Web site, and the shows have indeed been rescheduled for the first weekend in November, the Dow Event Center Web site still had the Saginaw, MI, show listed online as late as this afternoon, and fans would have no way of knowing shows were postponed unless they showed up or called the box office at the venue. In fact, Tommy Dreamer was on the radio doing promotional interviews for the weekend’s shows today, going as far as to plug the rare appearance of hometown star Beulah.
– PWInsider is reporting that another wrestler has been suspended, with more on the horizon. In other suspension news, the next issue of WWE Magazine will feature Randy Orton (with Trish on the cover), noting that his suspension included anger management classes and a $17,000 fine.
– Stacy posted the following on her Web site, StacyKeiblerOnline.net:
Well, my contract with WWE has come to an end. So, you know what they say about when “one door closes, another one opens.” After many months of meetings with several networks and studios, I have accepted a development deal with Touchtone TV. Under this ABC sister studio, I will either star in a pilot or join an existing Touchstone TV series. I will keep you guys posted. Hopefully, you will be seeing me on television again real soon!
We wish Stacy the best of luck in her future projects (Stacy, want an online column? Call me!).