TNAwrestling.com has posted that “Samoa Joe has made it clear to anyone that would listen that he plans on being the first to meet Kurt Angle at the door this Sunday at the Pay-Per-View! Joe is determined to settle the score with the Olympic gold medalist the first opportunity he gets this Sunday, and TNA cameras will be on hand to film the confrontation if it does occur!”
According to WrestlingObserver.com’s Dave Meltzer, (highlight the following text for a potential spoiler): the planned November PPV main event is Joe vs. Angle, so this issue should get quite a bit of attention at Bound For Glory. Below is “bonus footage” that TNA has posted on their YouTube.com page:
Tonight at midnight, a “Road to Bound For Glory” special is airing on Spike TV. Also, there’s a ton more on TNAWrestling.com and around the Web previewing Bound For Glory, TNA’s biggest PPV of the year. Some highlights:
– In the director’s cut of last week’s Kevin Nash press conference, the former X Division star promises the first ever six-star match will take place at this weekend’s Bound For Glory, and teases appearances by… Monty Hall and Paul Hogan. Watch it here:
– Gail Kim was injured by The Latin American Exchange after being hit with the “Cracker Jack” by Hernandez, according to TNA’s Web site. She will reportedly miss Bound For Glory.
– PWTorch.com’s James Caldwell has a great commentary on TNA up here.
– In related news, Samoa Joe has posted a second “frequently asked questions” on his MySpace blog.
– TNA has posted a Bound For Glory guide to the weekend’s events. They have also posted the full Chris Jericho/Fozzy music video that originally aired on Thursday’s iMPACT! and promotes the PPV:
– Raven was recently a guest on this XM radio show.
– Footage from fanfest has been posted here and here. According to Meltzer, Konnan and Lance Hoyt both missed today’s autograph session due to having wrestled in Queretearo, Mexico, last night at the AAA TV tapings.
– Brian Bartholow has been posting an audio blog from Bound For Glory weekend at TNARevolution.com. He also sent these notes into PWInsider: “I just got back from TNA’s fan interaction and I got to say that it was class all the way. Kurt Angle was unable to make the show due to his wife going into labor early, but Kurt being the man he is will have a separate meet and greet tomorrow from 1 to 3 pm at the CompuWare Arena for all fans who paid for today’s event … Funny thing happened during Nash’s time. Borash asked Nash who from his past would be at the X Invitational match at the PPV and when he mentioned Goldberg the placed erupted in boos. I think that is a clear indication to the company of what the fans think of Goldberg … When Cornette was up there, there was a “Russo Sucks” chant that he found funny. Dixie Carter, who was right in front of me at the time, didn’t seem amused with the reaction. Dixie was in the crowd for almost the whole event shaking hands, answering questions, and taking pictures with fans.”
– According to Dave Meltzer, David Eckstein – shortstop with the St. Louis Cardinals – has talked about TNA Wrestling during some World Series interviews (the World Series and Bound For Glory are both taking place in Detroit this weekend). He said both Kevin Nash and Mike Tenay would be attending tonight’s Game One and supporting the Cards, and that he’s trying to convert Tigers season ticket holder Rhino into a Cardinals fan, while plugging this weekend’s PPV. Meanwhile, it looks like the Tigers are WWE guys.
PulseWrestling is bringing you full coverage of TNA Bound For Glory all weekend, including the Rasslin Roundtable, Jeremy’s PPV Preview and the news and analysis of all things Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. (Plus, there will be an AIM Chat right after the PPV with Pulse readers and writers, so don’t miss it!)