According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is going after WSX wrestlers Teddy Hart, Matt Sydal and Ruckus. They can do this due to the short term contracts the MTV talent has vs., say, TNA. As previously reported, they want Hart for an updated Hart Foundation stable. Interest in Sydal and Rucks is surprising since WWE usually doesn’t go after smaller guys.
In other news:
– HHH “immediately” nixed the idea of someone new replacing him in DX and partnering with Shawn Michaels over the past week. Flair will team with Shawn on the road in some tag matches vs. Rated-RKO, but not on TV.
– Michelle McCool returned to action at the 1/13 ECW/Smackdown house show in Hidalgo, TX. She teamed with Jillian Hall to beat Trinity and Kelly with Matt Striker as ref.
– “Sensai” is actually Deep South’s Angel Williams as an androgynous, masked wrestler facing men in Smackdown dark matches and at house shows.
– Sky in the UK got some complaints for the 7am ECW shows, so they promised to not air it before 9pm.
– Candice Michelle will again be in GoDaddy.com Super Bowl commercials, this time with Danica Patrick. GoDaddy bought three ads for the game.
Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter (click here for subscription information)