Kevin Wong is a stalwart of Inside Pulse TV both in Prime Time Pulse and Reality Dish. His coverage of shows like The Amazing Race and Heroes are highlights. But can he stand the heat associated with the Hot Seat?
1) We always start with geometry Ã¢â‚¬â€œ what is the formula for the area of a trapezoid?
Wong: OK… square + triangle… or is that a rhombus? if x is the short parallel side, y is the perpendicular side and z is the long side, (x * y) + (z-x)*y/2.
Judges: This was all very wrong. A trapezoid is a four sided polygon with 2 parallel and 2 non-parallel sides. A rhombus is like a square but without right angles. The correct formula for area of a trapezoid is 1/2 Ãƒâ€” h Ãƒâ€” (a + b) 0 out of 1
2) In 100 words or less, defend season 3 of lost for a) having singular story episodes without alternate story arcs b) moving at the speed of molasses c) having overly corny scenarios or d) creating a complicated web of mysteries of which the results cant possibly be satisfying
Wong: Seeing as I gave up on Lost after the 6-episode “mini”, I can only say that “there is no defense”.
Judges: Disloyalty to Lost even though it has been dreadful counts as a miss in the judges book 0 out of 2
3) Being that it’s the only Survivor season the Hot Seat judges have all watched in its entirety, how do you explain Colby choosing Tina over Keith for the final 2 in Season 2? Don’t you think it’s proof that the show is fixed?
Wong: If things were fixed. Mike Skupin would’ve come back from his medical elimination, hit both Colby and Tina with a steel chair, and taken the million dollar prize, which Bryant Gumbel looked shocked (as usual). The only real thing that Tina winning Survivor showed was that spite is a big motivator in choosing a winner.
Judges: There is nothing you could have said to defend the Ã¢â‚¬Ëœnot fixed’ position in this case. One also has to wonder how Colby got so puffy and uncool-looking after the season ended. 0 out of 3
4) Megastar Justin Timberlake is arguably the most talented and versatile performer in all of Hollywood. Put these JT talents in order of talent level, from insanely talented to moderately talented: a) singing b) dancing c) acting d) hosting award shows e) bringing sexy back
Wong: He put Jessica Biel’s butt on the spotlight for a while, so: e), a), c), b), d). d) would be higher but SNL isn’t an award show. D**k in a Box would put d) to number 1 otherwise.
Judges:It is true that he is best at bringing sexy back, but you underrate his fantastic dancing ability and pointed out an oversight in the question, so looks like another miss. 0 out of 4
5) And finally, which type of TV programming looks the best in HD and why: a) sports b) nature c) Lost d) movies e) none of the above (please specify)
Wong: c) , but only if they’re showing Evangeline Lilly wet. I mean, do you really want to see Hurley in HD?
For everything else, it’s e), because you haven’t seen 24 until you see Jack kill someone by channeling the Lost Boys in HD…
Judges: The correct answer is unfortunately sports. Can’t really agree with your answer in any way. 0 out of 5
Ouch. You don’t see someone lay the golden goose egg that often, but there it is, staring right back at you. It’s a 0 out of 5 folks, the lowest score possible and the lowest score in history. It’s quite possible that getting a 0 will henceforth be known as pulling a Wong.
In the meantime, he still writes killer articles in both Prime Time Pulse and Reality Dish so don’t let him pulling a Wong hold you back from enjoying his work.
2007 Hot Seat Results
Friday February 2 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Shawn M Smith Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 1 out of 5
Friday February 16 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Gordi Whitelaw Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 3 out of 5
Friday February 23 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Scott “KubrykÃ¢â‚¬Â Sawitz Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 3 out of 5
Friday March 2 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Kevin Wong Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 0 out of 5
Tags: Hot Seat