Some late-night news as we head into the weekend…
– WrestlingObserver.com is reporting that Randy Orton has been sent home from the WWE European tour. The only detail the site is reporting is that “he messed up a hotel room.” PWInsider.com reported earlier today that he didn’t wrestle a recent match due to a stomach virus.
– Abyss is expected to be kept off of TNA TV through Sacrifice and perhaps later, returning as a babyface, according to WrestlingObserver.com.
– PWInsider.com has reported that WWE Tough Enough winner Nidia Guenard gave birth to her first child, a baby girl, last night. We wish Nidia congratulations and baby Lillith the best.
– Tommy Dreamer’s latest Diary is up at ECW.com, and it’s a must-read. He talks about losing his aunt and uncle recently, and how he regrets not calling them one more time before their tragic death.
– Joey Styles’ latest commentary names Santino Marella MEP.
– Following is a statement from Deep South Wrestling owner Jody Hamilton:
Official Statement from Joe Hamilton:
I want to thank all the fans we have at DSW for being the greatest and most loyal fans anyone could ever ask for. Since WWE has shut DSW down I have experienced some of the most emotional situations that I have ever been involved in; from emotional farewells with some of the DSW talent, to answering emotional questions from fans that were deeply hurt by this. I have no answers for the fans. For the talent involved, I can say from the bottom of my heart that I love you very much.
After being on an emotional rollercoaster for most of the day and desperately trying to keep it all together it was my 7 year old grandson that caused me to loose it (big time). Christian overheard my daughter telling his sister that WWE had let me go and I wouldn’t be working at the DSW arena anymore. He then told his mother he wanted to get some money from his bank and open a lemonade stand; sell a lot of lemonade and give the money to Pop since he doesn’t have a job. Such a sweet, loving, and considerate child (this is a true story). Thank you for caring Christian, but Pop will be OK even without a job.
It’s really heart-warming to me that so many people have responded to me being let go. Once again, I want to thank the DSW talent, the DSW fans, and most of all my family, for all of your support. This will never put or keep me down. I will be back.
Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Joseph Hamilton (4/20/07)
– In less important news, WWE fans feel Matt Hardy will benefit the most from Booker T’s injury.
Credit: WrestlingObserver.com, PWInsider.com, ECW.com, WWE.com
Tags: ECW, Other, Raw, Smackdown, TNA, WWE