Going into tonight’s show, WWE has gone back and forth for the result of the RVD/Orton match, according to WrestlingObserver.com. If Orton wins, it will likely be the last Van Dam match under this contract, and if RVD wins it will be to swerve smart fans who think they know the ending, and just have Orton beat RVD on TV in a week or so. In related news, Joey Styles names both RVD and Tommy Dreamer co-MEPs for the week, and WWE.com has a story up previewing the match, along with several others taking place tonight in Jacksonville, FL.
In other news:
– Lance Storm’s latest commentary is on drug-related wrestling deaths.
– Portland, Oregon wrestler Sandy Barr died Saturday night from a heart attack, according to WrestlingObserver.com. Barr was also a referee and promoter for Don Owen, and is also the father of Jesse Barr who was an Olympian wrestler and wrestled in the WWE as Jimmy Jack Funk. We wish his family the best during this hard time.
– If you want to see TNA live, click here for a schedule of upcoming shows.
– According to PWInsider.com, former Smackdown announcer Steve Romero joined Orlando’s CBS affiliate as the weekend sports anchor. Romero used to do color on Velocity and some backstage interviews on Smackdown.
– Dr. Keith Lipinski reports that SHIMMER has crowned its first champion — with Sara Del Ray beating Lacey in the second stage of a tournament held this weekend.
– Former WWE Undisputed Champion Brock Lesnar won his mixed martial arts debut last night, at a show that also featured Bill Goldberg on color commentary and an appearance from Dennis Rodman. Read Gordi’s full review of the show over at InsideFights.
Tags: ECW, Other, Raw, Smackdown, TNA, WWE