The latest Jim Ross blog is HERE. An excerpt on the idea of “banned” moves:
Some have asked about “banned movesÃ¢â‚¬Â in the WWE. I have yet to see an official list of what is or isn’t allowed, but I can assure you that moves that may be banned are done so with the wrestler’s safety in mind. Some high risk maneuvers are safer to execute than others even though all flying, high risk moves provide no guarantee of safety to the participants. I think it is wise to eliminate the maneuvers that hold the highest risk of serious injury. Old time wrestlers will opine that young wrestlers who rely almost exclusively on high risk maneuvers simply can’t wrestle. I don’t know if I would be so bold to say that, but the art of mat wrestling and hold knowledge is very important, in my opinion, for any wrestler to learn, and to thoroughly understand first before “graduatingÃ¢â‚¬Â to the high flying stuff as a viable compliment to basic, fundamental mat wrestling and the utilization of holds. Do high risk maneuvers have a place in today’s business? Absolutely. However, common sense and logic must be factored into any decision to use these moves. As the bar seemingly continues to be raised as it relates to high risk offensive maneuvers, we are likely to see more injuries and see beginning wrestlers not learn the art of wrestling but focus more on the art of crashing and burning which will lead to shortened careers. Don’t get me wrong, I like to see high risk moves as well as the next guy, but I also understand that these moves, when missed by “this muchÃ¢â‚¬Â can lead to serious injuries which any company should want to avoid.
He also talks about the upcoming draft, the possibility of he and Lawler being split up, whether or not he’s ever been coached while doing DVD interviews & more.
– The UK Sun review of One Night Stand is here.
– WWE.com looks at the 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2006 drafts, in their various iterations here.
– Nitro interviews Steve-O here.
– Cade & Murdoch talk about their title win here.
– WWE.com has a story about the Ireland and Portugal trip here.
– HHH talks about HBK’s injury in a kayfabe interview here.
– What if Austin never won King of the Ring? Find out here.
– The latest On My Day Off on WWE.com is about Sandman, and you can watch it here.
– WWE.com’s Lifestyles of the Built and Dangerous profiles Cryme Tyme here.
– Chris Jericho’s famous “man of 1004 holds” promo is on WWE.com Sidesplitters here.
– Seein’ Superstars on WWE.com is all about Ozzie… watch it here.
– Roll with the Coach here.
– See Bob Holly in the Emergency Room here.
– Finally (for now), WWE.com’s Uncut talks to CM Punk about being straightedge. Watch it here.