Former WWE star Romeo Roselli (Heart Throbs/Heartbreakers) is becoming something of a star outside of wrestling. Some notes from PWInsider:
He will be in Baby Mama next Fall with Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Greg Kinnear.
He’s a clothing model in upcoming MTV series Band in a Bubble
He is negotiating to be in an Italian police drama
NWE (an Italian promotion for which he is Italian Champion) is working on hooking him up with modeling and acting agencies
Yep. THIS GUY:
In other news:
– PWInsider is also reporting that the entire rosters from RAW, Smackdown and ECW will be at RAW Monday (or so goes the plan). Of course, the big draft is Monday during a three-hour RAW starting at 8pm ET. WWE.com has several features online about the draft, and polls such as “which brand will RVD be drafted to?” Yep.
– John Cena vs. Umaga is being advertised as a post-RAW dark match main event, and according to PWInsider, the show sold out in advance and employees/wrestlers have been told no complementary tickets are available for friends.
– Smackdown next week will be preempted in NY, airing on WPIX-TV a day late on Saturday at 8pm.
– WWE posted the following on its corporate sub-site:
WWE Superstar John Cena Spokesperson for Make-A-Wish Destination Joy Campaign
We all have the power to grant a wish and WWE Superstar John Cena is doing his part as a spokesperson for the Make-A-Wish Destination Joy campaign. Destination Joy presented by LAY’SÃ‚Â® is the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s campaign to inspire and empower Americans to share their much-needed time, talents and resources to grant the wishes of the 100,000 children who will be diagnosed with life-threatening medical conditions over the next four years. A key component of the campaign is the online auction filled with experiences rarely available to the public,which will take place May 14 through June 18, 2007. Eighty percent of the revenue generated from this auction will benefit the Make-A-Wish FoundationÃ‚Â® and be used to grant the wishes of seriously ill children. The auction includes a WWE package to experience WrestleMania like no one before with a super exclusive chance to fly in the WWE corporate jet to watch WresteMania 24 from ringside seats and meet WWE Superstar John Cena! Plus, the winner and guests will receive a 4-day car rental, courtesy of Avis. Hear John’s message encouraging you to participate in the Make-A-Wish Destination Joy online auction.
– According to PWInsider, there is a pre-trial conference scheduled for June 25 in Minneapolis regarding the WWE lawsuit vs. Dale Gagner’s AWA Superstars.
– Also from PWInsider: WWE has motioned for the lawsuit brought against it by Karlene Boutwell to be thrown out. Boutwell is a fan who alleged that she was assaulted during Sandman’s entrance last August. WWE claims the suit should be thrown out because it was filed in Tennessee (where the show in question was taped) but she is a Florida resident, WWE is CT-based and Sandman (also part of the suit) is a resident of Pennsylvania.