Here is the latest update of Inside Pulse Wrestling’s OFFICIAL rankings of the WWE RAW and Smackdown rosters … posted on the first Saturday of each month. Check out this link for the last rankings (as of November 3), and click here to see any changes in the RAW, SD, or ECW rosters since the last rankings report.
(Previous ranking for each superstar is in parentheses following each name. See below* for an explanation of our ranking system.)
WWE Champion – Randy Orton (same)
Intercontinental Champion – Jeff Hardy (same)
1. Chris Jericho (NR) – After finally returning, he wants a title match
2. Triple H (2) – Still in the hunt, but will his match with Jeff mean someone will turn?
3. Umaga (4) – Has been on a losing streak since he’s been feuding with HHH
4. Shawn Michaels (1) – With a match with Kennedy at Armageddon, HBK’s focus has turned away from Orton’s belt
5. Mr. Kennedy (3) – Trying to defeat HBK is tougher said then done
6. Ric Flair (NR) – Magically back on Raw, and now needs to keep a winning streak going
7. Hardcore Holly (5) – Seems to be starting to get along with Cody
8. Cody Rhodes (6) – Finally upset Holly, but doesnâ€™t make up for the couple of other loses to him
9. Snitsky (10) – This monster has done just enough to keep Carlito off the list
10. Santino Marella (8) – Seriously, is he not the most entertaining person on Raw right now?
Womanâ€™s Champion – Beth Phoenix (same)
1. Mickie James (1)
2. Melina (2)
3. Jillian Hall (3)
4. Maria (4)
World Tag Team Champions – Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch (same)
1. Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly (4)
2. The Highlanders (2)
3. D-Generation X (NR)
4. Paul London & Brian Kendrick (1)
5. ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan & Super Crazy (5)
Bobby Lashley (Injured since July 2007)
Candice Michelle (Injured since October 2007)
DH Smith (Suspended, Wellness Policy)
John Cena (Injured since October 2007)
No longer listed on WWE.com or appearing on TV:
Shelton Benjamin (Moved to ECW)
World Heavyweight Champion – Batista (same)
United States Champion – Montel Vontavious Porter (same)
1. The Undertaker (1) – Triple Threat with Batista & Edge at Armageddon
1. Edge (NR) – Triple Threat with Batista & Taker at Armageddon
3. Rey Mysterio (2) – Seems to have MVP’s US Title in his sights
4. Finlay (7) – Finally coming to the aid of Hornswoggle may hurt him when he has to face Khali
5. The Great Khali (4) – Finlay & Hornswoggle seems to be getting to him
6. Kane (6) – I know I say this every month, but poor Kane…
7. Mark Henry (5) – Is there a team in with works with him & Big Daddy V?
8. Jamie Noble (9) – Holds a few victories over Palumbo, and pushed Punk to his limit
9. Chuck Palumbo (8) – Lost 2 straight to Noble, but still has McCool!
10. Kenny Dykstra (10) – I bet he wishes he can be a cheerleader again
WWE Tag Team Champions – The Miz & John Morrison (NR)
1. Jesse & Festus (1)
2. Deuce & Domino (2)
3. Finlay & Hornswoggle (NR)
4. The Major Brothers (4)
5. Drew MacIntyer & Dave Taylor (NR)
Jimmy Wang Yang
Ashley (Suspended Kayfabe)
Chavo Guerrero (Injured since September 2007, Kayfabe)
Gregory Helms (Injured since May 2007)
Matt Hardy (Injured since November 2007)
No longer listed on WWE.com or appearing on TV:
Chris Masters (Released, Non-Kayfabe)
Ric Flair (Moved to Raw, although still listed on SD’s Roster on WWE.com)
ECW Heavyweight Champion – CM Punk
1. Big Daddy V (3) – Has been dominating over Kane lately, and there is no on-air #1 contender
2. Elijah Burke (5) – Brought in his good friend Shelton, but will Shelton be taking his spot?
3. Shelton Benjamin (Raw 8) – Hopefully we get to see a lot more of Shelton in the Land of Extreme
4. John Morrison (1) – Busy with the new M&M
5. The Miz (2) – Finally gets a taste of gold in the WWE, just not in ECW
6. Kevin Thorn (7) – New look, same attitude, still no TV time!
7. Tommy Dreamer (4) – Jobbing out to Shelton seems to be the only thing he’s done all month
8. Balls Mahoney (6) – Remember when he was on TV every week like a month ago?
9. Matt Striker (NR) – No wins, but finally wrestled a match 2 weeks ago
10. Nunzio (8) – Jobber fodder to any SD guests
*In this monthly feature, the Pulse Wrestling editorial board ranks the heavyweight, women/cruiserweight, and tag team divisions on World Wrestling Entertainment’s RAW, SmackDown, ECW brands. Rankings include the top ten heavyweights, top 5 women (RAW), top 5 cruiserweights (SD)***, and top 5 tag teams on each brand, and include everyone listed on WWE.com’s RAW, SmackDown, & ECW Superstars pages, plus regular, unlisted competitors from each brand.
These rankings take into account (in order):
– Current title status**
– Declared and presumed storyline rankings
– Recent victories and quality of opponents
– Quality of matches (psychology, workrate, and entertainment value)
– Quality of TV exposure (length, placement during show, and crowd response)
**Both primary and secondary heavyweight champions are listed at the top of each brand’s rankings, with the assumption that Intercontinental or United States Champions are de facto top contenders unless otherwise stated on television or online by WWE.
***WWE’s Cruiserweight Division has no current Champion, and has not been mentioned at all since Hornswoggle was stripped of the Title back in September.
Tags: ECW, Raw, Smackdown, WWE