If you were at last nightâ€™s Long Island house show or are attending tonight’s in Elmira, NY, please send me a report at matthew (at) insidepulse (dot) com. In the meantime, weâ€™ve got lots of weekend TNA news & notes, including an update on possible live Thursday shows starting in March, a Destination X update and some backstage rumblingsâ€¦
– According to a report on PWInsider.com, last nightâ€™s show was a legit sellout of 3,000 at the North Fork Theatre, which if youâ€™ve never been there, is set up â€œin the roundâ€ for concerts, comedy acts, etc. The ring was set up on stage in the middle of the venue, with the only complaint being that the lighting fixtures seemed to hang a bit low. This was the largest house show gate in TNA history, and all reports thus far are positive.
– Also from the show: Simon Diamond was the road agent for last nightâ€™s show and Thursdayâ€™s show in NYCâ€¦ TNA President Dixie Carter was not in attendance last nightâ€¦ Although New York-based Tazz wasnâ€™t at the event, Brother Ray made some jokes about him to play to the crowdâ€¦ The card was pretty much the same as the NYC show, with 3-D again playing babyface to their â€œhome townâ€ audience.
– PWInsider.com is also reporting that Impactâ€™s next taping dates in Orlando are: Monday 2/25, Tuesday 2/26, Monday 3/10, Tuesday 3/11, Monday 3/24, Tuesday 3/25, Monday 4/14, Tuesday 4/15, Monday 4/28, Tuesday 4/29, Monday 5/12, Tuesday 5/13, Monday 5/26 and Tuesday 5/27. It appears that the live 3/27 pre-WrestleMania Weekend Impact is off, but PWInsider reports that thereâ€™s still a chance of it happening.
– According to PWInsider, Traci Brooks is currently filming a reality project. In a similar vain, Zap2It.com has reported that former TNA interviewer Leticia Clineâ€™s reality project — teased recently on her MySpace — is a role on Beauty & the Geek.
– The latest line-up for Destination X — taking place from Norfolk, VA — includes The Angle Alliance (TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle and TNA World Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Tomko) vs. “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe, “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage and Kevin Nash, “The War Machine” Rhino vs. “Cowboy” James Storm in an Elevation X match, X Division Champion “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal vs. “Maple Leaf Muscle” Petey Williams and Booker T vs. Robert Roode in a special stipulation to-be-determined match.
– Andrew “Test” Martin has seemingly un-retired, and is now accepting indie bookings, according to PWInsider.com.
– Jason Powell at Prowrestling.net shed some insight on the TNA lockerroom last week, based on his inside sources. Of note:
- Scott Steiner has been inspired in the ring of late, and been helping younger talent, as he currently is enjoying his feud with Petey Williams.
- The recent Angle wedding angle was put together in part to counter the ratings trend of an early peak, and decreases throughout the show. It ended with a cliffhanger (A.J. and Karen â€œmarriedâ€) to get people to tune in the next week.
- The Motor City Machineguns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley) are getting some heat with management. Some reasons cited include refusing to blade during a Team 3-D attack, feeling it wasnâ€™t necessary in the situation, and Shelley being vocal about frustrations. There is also a rumor making the rounds that they were recently fined.
- Dixie Carter is apparently really happy with the current talent roster, particularly due to the talent level, positive mood and a group of veterans â€“ particularly Angle and Booker T â€“ willing to work with the younger stars. Powell went on to say that while some may â€œresentâ€ their help â€“ theyâ€™ve been making suggestions to slow down the style, play more to the live crowds, etc. â€“ the older guys donâ€™t call them out in front of anyone to make them look bad, etc., which is appreciated. As well, even though top stars dress in their own â€œgreen room,â€ most mingle with the rest of the roster.
- That said, â€œmore than one wrestlerâ€ has told Powell that since her speech where she offered anyone who was unhappy the chance to get out of their contracts, there is some hesitance to voice concerns about the creative direction. So it seems thereâ€™s an interesting line people are towing, between not rocking the boat and airing out complaints to the road agents, yet at least feeling Dixie is accessible.
Scroll down to login and comment…