Some have called it a masterpiece. Others say it makes them thirsty for milkshakes. Paul Thomas Anderson’s There Will Be Blood garnered much acclaim when it was released last year. With a commanding performance by Daniel Day-Lewis (who was awarded a Best Actor statuette this year), this is epic filmmaking. Both the one- and two-disc release comes out April 8th with some interesting features. The DVD Lounge is offering readers a chance to win copies of the special collector’s edition. Send in your name and address for your chance to win. But be sure to follow the rules below. All entries MUST be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the phrase “Blood” in the subject line or your email will not be received.
– There Will Be Blood: 2-Disc Collector’s Edition DVD
A sprawling epic of family, faith, power and oil, THERE WILL BE BLOOD is set on the incendiary frontier of California’s turn-of-the-century petroleum boom. The story chronicles the life and times of one Daniel Plainview (Daniel Day-Lewis), who transforms himself from a down-and-out silver miner raising a son on his own into a self-made oil tycoon. When Plainview gets a mysterious tip-off that there’s a little town out West where an ocean of oil is oozing out of the ground, he heads with his son, H.W. (Dillon Freasier), to take their chances in dust-worn Little Boston. In this hardscrabble town, where the main excitement centers around the holy roller church of charismatic preacher Eli Sunday (Paul Dano), Plainview and H.W. make their lucky strike. But even as the well raises all of their fortunes, nothing will remain the same as conflicts escalate and every human value – love, hope, community, belief, ambition and even the bond between father and son – is imperiled by corruption, deception and the flow of oil.
• Featurette: 15
• Trailers: Teaser
• Trailers: Trailer
• Additional Scenes: Fishing
• Additional Scenes: Haircut/Interrupted Hymn
• Featurette: Dailies Gone Wild
• Featurette: The Story of Petroleum
To qualify for the drawing, drop us a quick e-mail at email@example.com. Some rules apply:
1. Your full name and mailing address MUST be included with your entry. (This is necessary to notify the winner, and to arrange shipping of the prizes. Specific mailing address information will be kept confidential.)
2. Please – only one contest entry per person!
3. The sweepstakes IS open to both U.S. and Canadian participants.
Entries will be accepted until Noon, on Friday, May 2, and the winners will be notified later that evening.