The NFL released their final schedule today. As NFL.com is still amongst the worst official websites in all of sports, they have not yet created individual team schedules, but you can view what they have here.
Some quick thoughts:
- The Opening Thursday game is Redskins at Giants. I kind of expected Giants/Patriots, Giants/Packers, or Giants/Cowboys… turns out the Giants don’t draw the Packers or the Patriots this year but I’m still kind of surprised that we’re not getting a Giants/Cowboys rematch until Week 9.
- There are going to be quite a few people complaining about an East Coast Conspiracy ™ this season because the Giants drew a very easy schedule this season.
- The Saints lose a home game to “host” the Chargers in London. To really screw with both teams, they both play on the road the week before, too. Expect Tomlinson to whine.
- Inexplicably, the first Sunday night game is Bears/Colts and the MNF doubleheader is Vikings/Packers and Raiders/Broncos.
- The NFL Network seemed to put no meaningful games on… or even games that might possible be considered meaningful in some universe. Broncos/Browns, Pats/Jets, Bengals/Steelers, Cards/Eagles, Raiders/Chargers, Saints/Bears, Ravens/Cowboys, Colts/Jags. One game that might mean anything.