Itâ€™s the 100th episode of the NEW ECW, and boy does June 13, 2006, seem like ages ago. Time for this week’s 10 Thoughts, cross-posted over at Wrestlers Not Vampiresâ€¦
1. Mike Adamleâ€™s speech was fine, but what was the point to the whole thing? Getting the IWC to talk about it the next day? Driving traffic to WWE.com? Who knows, maybe Vince was just cranky and legit pissed at Adamle, then changed his mind because he realized Coach was on his way out, Styles was already taken off of TV andâ€¦ I donno, Josh Mathews must have pissed someone off over the years, â€˜cause heâ€™s actually not half bad on Heat (and Velocity before that).
2. I liked the Dreamer/Knox match, and think ALL ECW title
matches should be held with Extreme Rules. If done right, it can make the division seem different enough (without making it the joke the â€œhardcoreâ€ division ended up back when that title still existed) and when plunder is allowed, random people like Chavo holding the belt is more believable.
3. By the way, if theyâ€™re not going to push Stevie Richards, they have to make this guy a full-time announcer or manager. Heâ€™s so underrated on the stick. RTC anyone?
4. I miss The Zombie 🙁
5. I wonder where theyâ€™re going with this Shelton Benjamin/Kofi Kingston feud. I like both guys, and would rather see Shelton challenge for the U.S. strap and Kofi moved over to Raw to form an improbable stable with Carlito and Santinoâ€¦ (and if Monty was still around, how awesome would THOSE promos be?)
6. I know Iâ€™m not the first person to say this but (a) Kelly Kelly canâ€™t canâ€™t dance danceâ€¦ BUT her body is smoking. Am I naÃ¯ve to be surprised that WWEâ€™s never had her ACTALLY strip on ECW or PPV yet?
7. Speaking of bodies, Armando Alejandro Estradaâ€™s more surprisingly-ripped than anyone sinceâ€¦ Michael Cole.
8. I still think ECW could have really gotten back on track after the December 2 Dismember debacle if they moved the Hardyz over to the brand and put the tag belts on the show back then.
9. Although, between RVD totally screwing up his push when he got arrested, Kurt Angle being released, Big Show taking a year off and the Benoit tragedy, itâ€™s amazing ECWâ€™s still on the air.
10. To wrap this one up, as much as I hated ECW during the Lashley and McMahon title runs, I liked it at the beginning as a nostalgia act/venue for the ECW Originals to show their stuff, and I think it has potential today as an hour of television each week for hardcore WWE fans to see up-and-coming stars get experience and hopefully grow. In fact, Iâ€™d like to see veterans on ECW used primarily to work with and put over the younger guys, and a nice championship division built around the Punks, Benjamins, Dykstras, Bulldogs and maybe even Londons and Kendricks that can make the most out of the opportunity.
As always, hit BLATT up and Iâ€™ll see you next weekâ€¦
Tags: 10 Thoughts, ECW, WWE