Julian Schnabel’s The Diving Bell and the Butterfly was one of the art house favorites of 2007. This adaptation of Jean-Dominique Bauby’s memoir is not your typical biopic with a linear story to follow. The French language film may not be for everyone, but for those willing to venture beyond blockbusters that lack sizzle, well The DVD Lounge can accommodate. Follow the rules and read how you can win a copy today!
Send in your name and address for your chance to win. But be sure to follow the rules below. All entries MUST be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the phrase “Diving Bell” in the subject line or your email will not be received.
– The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Jean-Dominique Bauby (Mathieu Almaric) was felled at the age of 43 by a massive stroke that left his body almost completely paralyzed but his mind intact—what doctors call “locked in syndrome.” In a heartbeat, he went from the well-known editor of a top magazine to a prisoner in his own ruined body, able only to blink his left eye. Remarkably, Bauby was able to use that eye to dictate The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, a memoir to his dedicated speech therapist (Marie-Josee Croze)—one letter at time.
DVD Special Features
• Submerged: A look inside The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
• A Cinematic Vision
• Audio Commentary with Director Julian Schnabel
• Charlie Rose Interviews Julian Schnabel
• English, Spanish subtitles and the original French language track.
To qualify for the drawing, drop us a quick e-mail at email@example.com. Some rules apply:
1. Your full name and mailing address MUST be included with your entry. (This is necessary to notify the winner, and to arrange shipping of the prizes. Specific mailing address information will be kept confidential.)
2. Please – only one contest entry per person!
3. The sweepstakes IS open to both U.S. and Canadian participants.
Entries will be accepted until Noon, on Friday, May 30, and the winners will be notified later that evening.