PWInsider.com’s Mike Johnson is reporting good news about Mickie “Moose” Knuckles’ leg surgery. Basically, it was a complete success, she’ll be on crutches in a few days, and she will need six months to recover before returning to the ring. The surgery, which took longer than expected due to her muscle mass, included putting a titanium rod into her leg to hold the bones in place as they heal. We wish her a full and quick recovery.
Other TNA notes:
– TNA is tentatively scheduled for a show at the Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center in New York City on 9/5. This is the venue in the same building as the Hammerstein Ballroom, and both the early episodes of Raw as well as ROH’s NYC shows pre-moving to Hammerstein took place there.
– The Saturday (7/5) TNA replay did a 0.4 cable rating, according to Nielsen Media Research.
– Rellik and James Mitchell are also leaving TNA. Mitchell had a year left on his contract but TNA has decided to exercise an option to release him early.
– Some inside TNA want to keep Doug Williams after the World X Cup is over.
– Abyss hasn’t been on TV much because he was to be feuding with the injured Scott Steiner, plus TNA doesn’t want to overexpose him, which happened last time around.