The results for this Friday’s show…
Funaki beat Nick ‘The Natural’ Nemeth
– They teased a mystery guest for The Cutting Edge throughout the show.
– MVP beat Jimmy Wang Yang with the Yakuza kick. Jeff Hardy was watching at ringside and told MVP after the match to never mention his house, the fire, his crack or his dog again. MVP tried to jump him but Jeff laid him out with a Twist of Fate.
– Ken Kennedy beat Shelton Benjamin with the Mic Check in a non-title match.
– Brian The Kendrick beat Stevie Richards.
– THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS KHALI beat Jeff Hardy. Huge pop for Jeff. He hit the Whisper in the Wind and a Swanton Bomb but MVP distracted him, letting THE MAGNIFICENT AND BENEVOLENT KHALI use the Vice Grip for the win. MVP posed over Jeff afterwards.
– Maria beat Victoria.
– The Big Show ate Domino. Umaga had a stare-down with him afterwards.
– A table, a ladder and a chair were in the ring for the Cutting Edge to represent the TLC match at One Night Stand. Edge said it was indicative of the inner peace he has been searching for this past week, which is key to him defeating The Undertaker. He said his mystery guest was someone who understood Taker and the Hell in the Cell better than anyone, then went outside and pointed at Mick Foley. Edge said Foley was the one man that could help him win at SummerSlam and Foley reluctantly got into the ring. Edge aired a clip of the Taker/Mankind Hell in the Cell from King of the Ring ’98. He said Foley was a different person since that match and was still feeling the effects of it, yet now he could gain revenge on Taker by helping Edge defeat him. Foley said that the only person who could help Edge was Edge himself, that the ruthless Edge of old could defeat The Undertaker but the current, white tuxedo wearing Edge could not. Edge said he understood and attacked Foley, spearing him into the steps at ringside. He went to set up the ladder and table but Foley got the Mandible Claw on him. Edge hit him with a low blow, then went up the ladder with the chair and splashed Foley through the table.
The Big Show beat Edge by count-out
Tags: edge, hell in the cell, Jeff Hardy, Mick Foley, Smackdown, undertaker, WWE