Our moment of glory is almost upon us, Lost fans. T-minus 10 days until Season 5 kicks off and I am looking forward to recapping and reviewing each episode for you.
Before we embark on this journey, I figure there are a few things, you ought to know about me, so you can better understand where I’m coming from when I’m dropping Lost knowledge on you every week.
First of all, I love to make lists. I live for list-making. That said, here are the top five things I’m looking forward to in season five:
5. Where did the damn island go? – For those of you living in a polar bear cave for the last year. The island totally vanished. It’s gone. Internet speculation and ABC promos would suggest the Island has likely gone back in time, which would give the show a creative and exciting opportunity to unearth the mysteries of the island’s past. As opposed to someone, you know, telling us.
4. Jack and Ben hanging out – The great thing about this show’s diverse cast is that you get a lot of great combinations of characters going off and having adventures together. Remember when Desmond, Charlie, Hurley and Jin camped out on the beach in Season 3? Hilarious. Or Sayid and Charlie going to rescue Aaron in Season 1? Brilliant.
The second sneak peek from ABC showed a scene featuring Jack and Ben discussing what may have happened to the people still on the island and how they will go about rounding up the rest of the Oceanic 6. Michael Emerson and Matthew Fox are the two best actors on the show in my opinion, and the thought of them leading the charge back to the Island is pretty superb.
3. How do Desmond and Penny figure into the storyline? – It would appear that Lost’s best romantic story has gone the way of Happily Ever After, but lest we forget Ben has made it known that he intends to make Penny less…alive. Is he going to make good on this threat?
2. What’s happening with the Koreans? – Jin and Sun episodes have always been well done, but somehow always feel like a whole different show. But the Season 4 finale thrust the Koreans into the eye of the storm. Is Jin dead? What in the world are Sun and Widmore going to talk about? These are questions I can’t wait to have answered.
1. Three words: FOUR. TOED. STATUE. – Showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have decisively confrimed that we will get information regarding the cryptic structure we saw WAY back in the Season 2 finale. This undoubtedly goes along with learning more about the Island’s past. Did Aliens build the place? Highly evolved humans? I have no idea and I cannot wait to get schooled in a little Island History 101.
Truth be told, I could have made a list of 50 things I’m looking forward to this season, but in the sake of fairness I’ll let you, the readers fill in my blanks. What can you positively not wait to see?