01. Hernandez looked pretty strong in starting the show, and his promo wasnâ€™t too bad either. They obviously have interest in pushing him as a singles wrestler at some point, and this was the first evidence Iâ€™ve seen that it might work in time.
02. Speaking of people being pushed as singles stars, Brother Ray and Brother Devon will both have singles matches on the next pay-per-view. Remember when WWE pushed them as singles wrestlers? Yikes.
03. The Beautiful People stuff with â€œGovernor Palinâ€ isnâ€™t quite the stupidest thing TNA has ever done, but thatâ€™s only because theyâ€™ve done some REALLY stupid things.
04. Isnâ€™t Kurt Angle going after Jeff Jarrettâ€™s family exactly what Jarrett did to Sting once? And like Abyss did to Christian Cage?
05. Iâ€™m sure itâ€™s been said elsewhere, but doing â€œRough Cutsâ€ segments on heels totally takes all their heat away. Why would anyone want to boo someone whoâ€™s all â€œI worked hard and achieved my dream and now I can provide for my familyâ€ or something, and then comes out and tries to act like a heel?
06. It was over an hour into the show before the second match started. Their time management and show structuring needs some work.
07. The tag team number one contenderâ€™s match actually made sense, since both teams have been feuding with the champions. Good for them.
08. Brutus Magnus is an awful name, and I donâ€™t imagine heâ€™ll get too far.
09. Eddie Vedder once said he thought of one of the songs he wrote as â€œsomeone else trying to write like me,â€ and thatâ€™s how I feel about Foley promos now. Theyâ€™re not bad, but they feel like someone doing an imitation of the real Mick Foley.
10. The bait and switch in the main event didnâ€™t bother me, because doing one on TV every once in a while isnâ€™t the worst thing in the world. Just donâ€™t abuse it.
Tags: 10 Thoughts, impact, TNA