Lots of info on America’s top indie that doesn’t involve the Nature Boy, via PWI’s Mike Johnson.
-All Star Extravaganza IV and Final Battle 2008 were released on DVD last Friday. Final Battle features Danielson vs. Morishima and the Briscoes vs. Kensuke Office.
– Matches will be announced for the HDNet tapings later this week. The initial shows are meant to be a sampler of ROH’s prodcut. El Generico won’t be at them, as he’s selling an injury suffered in Florida. Brent Albright, Brodie Lee, Sara del Rey, Claudio Castagnoli, and Necro Butcher will be at the tapings.
– In between shooting on Matt Hardy, Paul London has been “evasive” about returning to ROH. Given that he’s from Texas, and Wrestlemania’s in Houston, and ROH runs shows every Wrestlemania weekend in the town where the Wrestlemani’s being held, dots can be connected there. Nothing definitive, though
– Dragon’s Gate talent probably won’t be involved in the Wrestlemania weekend shows. Word going around after CIMA’s WWE Dark Match last week was that ROH and DG’s working relationship is over, and may indeed have ended some time ago.
– D’Lo Brown’s next date in ROH is at the Seventh Anniversary Show on 3/21 in NYC. Mike Quackenbush will appear at the Anniversary show and the one the night before, in Elizabeth, PA.
-Ex-WWE talent Val Venis’s name continues to come up as someone they want to bring in.
-Ex-TNA talent Jimmy Rave and Petey Williams may be brought in. Rave did have a run in ROH that included feuds with CM Punk and AJ Styles.
– Lenny Leonard will still be doing commentary on PPVs and DVDs.
– Finally, royalties are becoming an issue in using “the Final Countdown” as Bryan Danielson’s entrance music, as ROH issued the following statement:
“ROH Officials have heard the comments of several fans as it pertains to the ring music used by Bryan Danielson. Rest assured that ROH has exhausted itself trying to find an economically feasible way to keep the loved â€œFinal Countdownâ€ playing at live events, on PPV, and on the upcoming HDNet Television Production. We, unfortunately, are at a standstill. Royalty fees are astronomical, and we need your help. If you are a musician, or know a great band, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We know that music is a huge part of any event, ROH notwithstanding, and we want to do it right!”
Tags: D'Lo Brown, DVDs, hdnet, Jimmy Rave, Mike Quackenbush, Paul London, Petey Williams, ROH, Val Venis