1. SmackDown featured the traditional pre ladder match segment; however this time it had a twist, with both of the wrestlers involved being at the top of a ladder instead of just one. It may not be a big change, but when you see the same thing multiple times even the smallest change can make a big difference. Not only that, but Edgeâ€™s attack was classic Edge, seizing any opportunity that arises.
2. Dynamite match from two of SmackDownâ€™s brightest prospects, although Benjaminâ€™s chances to hit the main event may have dwindled out by now. Also, how cool is the name of Morrisonâ€™s finisher? Whoever came up with Starship Pain is a genius, or a nerd depending on your opinion.
3. Nice to see R-Truth almost matching Jericho on the microphone. If his in ring work became a little bit more consistent and he didnâ€™t solely rely on flashy moves, R-Truth could be a big name in the Intercontinental title division.
4. While the Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho feud has been entertaining, its already a foregone conclusion that Mysterio will not be unmasked. The mask alone promotes and sells so much merchandise that WWE would be crazy to get rid of it.
5. Iâ€™ve been a very vocal supporter of SmackDown since the draft, but thereâ€™s always one piece of booking on the show that I donâ€™t like or donâ€™t understand. It usually involves Cryme Time, Eve and Layla (Dance Offâ€™s and Arm Wrestling to name a few) but this week it was CM Punk vs. Umaga. Sure you want to build the match up, and Punk certainly needs some momentum going in, but giving Punk the clean pinfall over Umaga just ruins any momentum that a monster heel needs going into this kind of match.
6. Maria served no purpose as the special referee in that match. Although she did bring a sense of glamour that is usually lacking from WWE referees.
7. Dolph Ziggler should have picked up the win over Khali. Khali is never going to be a serious star again as a mix of a his comedy face persona and really bad knees. Ziggler on the other hand has a bright future in front of him.
8. Koko B. Ware was at ringside! Oh the nostalgia that brings.
9. Mysterio and Edge put on another solid match in this weekâ€™s main event, and just goes to show that in ring wrestling always tops backstage segments. Now if only the RAW writing team would realise this I could actually begin to enjoy RAW again. Currently, SmackDown trumps RAW hands down.
10. The final segment of SmackDown was the perfect way to sway momentum into equal territory. While you had Edge take Jeff out at the beginning of the show Jeff was the one standing tall. The ladder match has had some solid build over the past three weeks, and could steal the show this Sunday.
Tags: 10 Thoughts, Smackdown, WWE