Another day, another bunch of weirdness from Orlando…
– Jay Lethal beat Johnny Gordado. Lethal and So Cal Val had an argument before the match and she walked out on him.
– The Main Event Mafia have one of their mandatory group interviews. Kurt Angle says it was not personal, just all business with regards to Sting. He calls out Mick Foley and berates him for going over his head to the Godfather. Foley has his security guys stand in front of him and tells Angle to try his best. Scott Steiner and Samoa Joe take them out. Foley punches Angle and the Mafia beat him down until Jeff Jarrett makes the save with his gee-tah. They run away but Jarrett whacks Foley with it in any case. Jarrett exits and walks past the Mafia, looking at Angle with disgust. The Mafia follow.
– Scott Steiner & Booker T beat Team 3D. Kiyoshi & Bashir came out during the match to attack Beer Money, who were doing commentary. The British Invasion then interfered to cost 3D the match, with Booker pinning Ray. Steiner attacked a fan at ringside afterwards.
– Eric Young beat Rhino, pinning him with his feet on the ropes.
– Sting came out with the TNA title belt. He taunted Angle about it but then called out Joe. Sting tells Joe he is the reason wrestling and TNA are as bad as they are right now. I love shoot comments that aren’t supposed to be shoot comments (TM, Scott Keith). Joe says it is lucky for Sting that he has been told to hold his temper. Sting tries to find out who has Joe’s ear but Joe says to wait for Victory Road. Sting says he will find him tonight and feed him to the fans. Mmm, jerky.
– Homicide beat Doug Williams in a Ladder Match for the X Division Briefcase. 3D interfered to keep Williams out of the ring as Homicide grabbed the briefcase. The Invasion, Kiyoshi and Bashir all attacked 3D but Foley’s security team helped them to the back.
– Mick Foley comes out to talk about the difficult decisions he faces. He says one of TNA’s decision makers should step down. Jarrett comes out to ask if Foley thinks before anything he says. He tells Foley to consider why he even came to TNA in the first place – to help the younger talent. Foley agrees but says he has to prove to himself that winning the title was no fluke. They settle on both of them in a three-way against Angle tonight, with Angle being allowed to pick the referee so long as it is not a member of the Mafia or Matt Morgan. Poor Matt Morgan.
– Jethro Holiday beat Jesse Neal.
– Beer Money beat Motor City Machine Guns when Robert Roode pinned Alex Shelley. Beer Money argue with Steiner and Booker after the match.
– Tara beat Velvet Sky with the Widow’s Peak. Tara threatened to put the tarantula on her again but Angelina Love screamed at her to change her mind. Tara agreed not to in exchange for a Knockouts title shot.
– Tara beat Angelina Love to win the Knockouts title with the Widow’s Peak.
– A.J. Styles & Christopher Daniels beat Matt Morgan & Kevin Nash. A.J. pinned Morgan. The heels attack them afterwards, with Morgan Pillmanizing Daniels’ leg.
– Kurt Angle won the three-way with Jeff Jarrett and Mick Foley. He had Foley in the Ankle Lock and the referee, Eric Young, called for the bell. Jarrett and Young fought to the back. The Mafia beat on Foley with barbed wire bats. They also fought off the security guys. Angle celebrated with the title belt.
Tags: impact, Kurt Angle, Main Event Mafia, Mick Foley, TNA