Some quick notes from the Affliction media conference call:
- Any rumors of Vitor Belfort or anyone else signing to fight Fedor is premature. Atencio is in negotiations with three people (presumably Belfort, Rogers and Lashley) and wouldn’t reveal any details whatsoever.
- Barnett’s second sample is being tested by the CSAC to determine if there was a false positive.
- Atencio had no idea what the banned substance was, as the CSAC wouldn’t tell him.
- Tom says that Trilogy is one of the biggest shows in MMA history. Yes, he said this. No indication if he actually believes it or not. This was an amazing quote.
- Tom hasn’t talked to Josh personally, but did talk to his manager. He says it’s won’t affect his relationship with Josh, but a positive test would probably mean that Josh never fights for his company again.
Tags: Affliction, Fedor Emelianenko, Josh Barnett, tom atencio