Here are some of the specifics of the contract that was extended and denied by Fedor Emelianenko and his management:
- A six-fight, $30 million deal
- An immediate title shot against Brock Lesnar
- M-1 Global would receive a cut of PPV revenue on top of Emelianenko’s contracted purse
- Fedor would be able to wear as much M1 gear as he wanted
- Fedor would be allowed to fight in combat sambo
This is what M-1 turned down? This is what they deemed to be an insufficient offer?
I cannot imagine a valid reason for turning down this contract. It seems as though Zuffa relented on everything except the co-promotional aspect that M-1 is demanded, and M-1 won’t meet them anywhere close to halfway in the middle.
Tags: Fedor Emelianenko, UFC, Zuffa