Citing a severe illness that has left him unable to train for three weeks, UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has pulled out of his Nov. 21 fight with Shane Carwin.
UFC President Dana White has confirmed the news with Yahoo Sports.
“He said he’s never been this sick in his life,” White said. “He said it’s been going on for a long time and he just hasn’t been able to shake it.”
UPDATE: The Lesnar/Carwin bout has been rescheduled for UFC 108 on January 2nd in Las Vegas. Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin will now be featured in the headlining bout.
I’ve spoken to sources in Lesnar’s camp. Lesnar actually fell ill late last week and not three weeks ago as originally reported. He’s currently in the hospital undergoing blood work to determine what the problem is, but they are working under the assumption that he has contracted the H1N1 virus.
Tags: Brock Lesnar, ufc 106