Welcome to 10 Thoughts on Monday Night RAW.Â The Road to Wreslemania continues.
- The opening HBK/Undertaker â€œCareer vs. Streakâ€ video package was well put together.Â Those two have so much history in the WWE and itâ€™s nice to see a little slice of it.
- Triple Hâ€™s love fest to HBK was a great tribute.Â Reminds me of all the things he would say about Ric Flair during his retirement run.Â I also really liked how Trips mentioned that if they won the tag team belts they wouldnâ€™t have to defend them for 30 days.Â Man, when I was a kid all the heels used that excuse to duck a rematch right away.Â Nice to hear a nod to history.
- Tommy Chong eating trippy Lucky Charms with a midget.Â HA!
- The DiBiase/Orton match was very good.Â I think they work well together.Â The attempted double team at the end needed to be more successful, though.Â I still like this rivalry but DiBiase/Rhodes need to look stronger.
- Jack Swagger has a chance to shine in the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania.Â I keep waiting for his push and maybe this will be the start of it.Â I donâ€™t expect him to win but if he has a good showing he may be competing for the US or intercontinental titles in the near future.
- Batistaâ€™s explanation of why heâ€™s been attacking Cena is lame.Â â€œYouâ€™re the face of this company and Iâ€™m notâ€¦ blah, blah, blahâ€.Â I would have preferred â€œI donâ€™t like your jokes so Iâ€™m going to beat you upâ€.Â At least it would have been fresher.Â The confrontation overall was pretty good though.
- Vince McMahon was in rare form tonight.Â You can tell he just really enjoys being the heel.Â Heâ€™s fun to watch.
- I donâ€™t know what to expect from the McMahon/Hart match at Wrestlemania.Â I canâ€™t help but think it will be a huge letdown.Â Hart canâ€™t wrestle due to real injuries, heâ€™s selling a broken leg injury and yet he canâ€™t lose.Â That doesnâ€™t sound like a great match on paper.
- The DX/ShowMiz match was way too short.Â And if youâ€™re going to have the Undertaker cost him the match, put him in the arena not on the Titantron.Â Seriously, a â€œprofessionalâ€ distracted by a picture?
- And just when I was wondering where Sheamus has been, he makes an appearance.Â And just as I was wondering what Triple H would be doing at Wrestlemania, I get my answer.
Cheech and Chong were totally wasted tonight.Â (Pun not originally intended, but once noticed was intentionally left in.)Â Theyâ€™re too funny to get this kind of treatment.