Before Seth McFarlane’s animation dominated Sunday night’s on Fox, he learned his chops on Cartoon Network’s Johnny Bravo. Cartoon Network Hall of Fame Johnny Bravo: Season One gives us the first season of man who worshiped at the shrine of Elvis Presley. The collection comes out on June 15. Here’s the press release from Warner Home Video:
BURBANK, CA (March 16, 2010) – On June 15, 2010, Warner Home Video will kick off Cartoon Network’s “Hall of Fame” series with the DVD release of everyone’s favorite narcissistic mama’s boy, Johnny Bravo, in Cartoon Network Hall of Fame Johnny Bravo: Season One The long-awaited two-disc set contains all 13 original season one episodes, plus bonus features that include the series documentary, Bringing Up Bravo, audio commentary with the series creator Van Partible, the voice behind Johnny Bravo, Jeff Bennett, and series writer/illustrator, Seth McFarlane. Cartoon Network Hall of Fame Johnny Bravo: Season One is priced to own for $24.98 SRP
Animation fans will want to join Johnny Bravo, the dim-witted, girl-chasing, muscle-flexing, sunglasses-wearing, clown-hating, mama-loving pretty boy as he karate-chops his way through 13 outrageous episodes of action-packed antics that’ll rock your world! Hilarious pop-culture references including spoofs of Schoolhouse Rock, The Wizard of Oz, The Jungle Book and Dr. Seuss serve up gut-busting laughs.
Guest appearances from Scooby-Doo and the Mystery, Inc. gang along with celebrities like Farrah Fawcett, Adam West and Donny Osmond, with illustration and scripts by Family Guy creator, Seth MacFarlane, boost this two-disc collection to hubba-hubba status. Play it cool, like Johnny would, and play this heaping helping of pure Bravo!
Fans of the iconic Johnny Bravo animated television series can watch their favorite episodes on Boomerang, Turner’s 24-hour network devoted to classic animated entertainment, as well as on online at CartoonNetwork.com.
1. Super Duped ~ Bungled in the Jungle ~ Bearly Enough Time
2. The Sensitive Male ~ Bravo-Dooby-Doo
3. Date with an Antelope ~ Did You See a Bull Run by Here? ~ Cookie Crisis
4. I Used to Be Funny ~ My Fair Dork ~ ‘Twas the Night
5. Blarney Buddies ~ Over the Hump ~ Johnny Bravo Meets Farrah Fawcett
6. Hip Hop Flop! ~ Talk to Me, Baby ~ Spaced Out Cat
7. Beach Blanket Bravo ~ The Day the Earth Didn’t Move Around Anymore ~ The Aisle of Mixed-Up Toys
1. Substitute Teacher ~ A Wolf in Chick’s Clothing ~ Intensive Care
2. Jumbo Johnny ~ The Perfect Gift ~ Bravo, James Bravo
3. Going Batty ~ Berry the Butler ~ Red Faced in the White House
4. The Man Who Cried Clown ~ Johnny Real Good ~ Talky Tabitha
5. Johnny Bravo Meets Adam West ~ Johnny Bravo Meets Donny Osmond ~ Under the Big Flop
6. Johnny Bravo ~ Jungle Boy ~ Johnny Bravo and the Amazon Women
DVD Special Features
· Bringing Up Bravo – Series documentary that will allow viewers to explore the beginnings, middles, endings, and everything in between of Johnny Bravo
· Audio Commentary – With Van Partible, Jeff Bennett, and Seth MacFarlane
· Johnny Bravo Original Pencil Tests – Introduced by Van Partible, featured are some of the original pencil tests used in the production process
· Seth McFarlane Audio Track – Listen to Seth MacFarlane lay down an entire temp track on his own well before he would become known for his hit show Family Guy
Street Date: June 15, 2010
Total Running Time: Approx 286 minutes
Price: $24.98 SRP
Joe Corey is the writer and director of "Danger! Health Films" currently streaming on Night Flight and Amazon Prime. He's the author of "The Seven Secrets of Great Walmart People Greeters." This is the last how to get a job book you'll ever need. He was Associate Producer of the documentary "Moving Midway." He's worked as local crew on several reality shows including Candid Camera, American's Most Wanted, Extreme Makeover Home Edition and ESPN's Gaters. He's been featured on The Today Show and CBS's 48 Hours. Dom DeLuise once said, "Joe, you look like an axe murderer." He was in charge of research and programming at the Moving Image Archive.