Top 5 Months for Sports
1) April – This month is spectacular for the sports nut – I think all the biggies are represented. For starters, it’s the traditional Opening Day for the Major Leagues and the NCAA will crown both a men’s and women’s champ at their respective Final Fours. The NBA and NHL playoffs are getting started and a new Green Jacket will be given at Augusta National. Even NASCAR gets in on the act as they’re in full swing and oftentimes both Bristol and Talladega, two of the most exciting tracks on the circuit, are scheduled in April. It’s fantastic – glad it’s only a couple weeks away!
2) November – Gets the nod over October because the Major League Baseball season keeps getting longer which has shoved the Fall Classic into turkey month (which is another reason to like November, the food, but that’s another list for another day). The glory that is NCAA football is deep into conference play and those Thanksgiving NFL games are always something to look forward to. Both hockey and hoops are under way and NASCARs chase will crown another champ – lots of great stuff!
3) February – The Super Bowl and the Daytona 500, what else do you need? – add in a full slate of hoops and hockey and you’ve got a lot of great sports in the year’s shortest month. Plus, All-Star lovers should note that both the NFL Pro-Bowl and the NBA’s All-Star game are February activities.
4) October – I love the Major League Playoffs, especially with the addition of the Wild Card (thank you Bud Selig) – and those League Championship Series’ are always drama filled – you can also enjoy great mid-season pro and college football plus Halloween marks the start of the NBA season
5) December – College Football rules all, so a month of Conference Championships and Bowl Games is my virtual candy store – I also look forward to the Christmas NBA specials each season, the league does a great job of matchups for that game – and for the really hardcore…Baseball Winter Meetings, anyone?
Tags: Baseball, Golf, Hockey, NASCAR, PGA, World Series