In addition to Andre Dirrell’s big Super Six victory on Saturday, many other notable fighters were in action all over the world. Keep on reading for quick results from all the big fights.
– Marcos Maidana defeated Victor Cayo with a sixth round body shot. Maidana also scored a knockdown at the end of the second round.
– Despite Joan Guzman coming in nine pounds overweight, the rematch between Ali Funeka and Joan Guzman still went on. Guzman was the winner by split decision and hinted at a move up to light welterweight. You think?!? How about a move to welterweight? He would have still missed the light welterweight mark by four pounds.
– Daniel Jacobs knocked down Jose Barrio twice in the first round, prompting a stoppage before the second round could begin.
– Erik Morales successfully returned from his 30-month layoff and defeated Jose Alfaro by unanimous decision.
– Chris Henry knocked out Huge Hernan Garay with a right in the first round of their light heavyweight bout.
– Ulises Solis won by fifth round TKO over Bert Batawang.
– Jorge Linares defeated Francisco Lorenzo by majority decision.
– Yuriorkis Gamboa successfully defended his WBA featherweight title with a unanimous victory over Jonathan Victor Barros.
Tags: Boxing, Daniel Jacobs, Jorge Linares, Yuriorkis Gamboa