Greetings fellow wrestling fans and welcome to a special three hour edition of 10 Thoughts on WWE Raw. Actually, it will take the normal length of time to read it. As always, I would encourage you to check out my blog, itswilltime.wordpress.com where I am talking about the attack of the NXT Rookies, replacing Randy Orton at Fatal Four Way and CM Punk’s star potential.
Now, I must move on to my 10 Thoughts:
1. The Bret Hart and Teddy Long opening speech was a little awkward, but not as awkward as the Randy Orton vs Edge one-armed match will most likely be.
2. Wow that was a sad first hour of Raw. We had Hornswoggle and Khali getting a tag title shot, the Divas being thrown out there, and Jericho and Big Show (who could actually wrestle a nice match) in a throw-away match. This hour only warrants one thought.
3. I wonder who WWE wanted fans to vote for in a match against Sheamus. I mean, it couldn’t possibly be the man who they gave him a scene with before the vote was announced, could it? Way to go Kane.
4. How many of those fans wanted to see “Rampage” Jackson knock someone out? I mean, they even popped for a face to face confrontation with Virgil.
5. I know that Ted Dibiase had a concussion slapped into him by R-Truth, but is he really still too hurt to compete? He needs to get back into the ring, or at least start offering people money for their dignity.
6. I’m happy to see The Miz get a win. He is too good of a star to be losing too often. Like I’ve said in my columns this year, he should be a world champion before the end of 2010.
7. The missing part of the Randy Orton as a babyface equation was sympathy. There was nothing that made the audience feel for him, until now. Being beat down by Edge and looking sympathetic at the end will make Randy a bigger star in the long run.
8. Perhaps this is too nit-picky, but I do not understand why Matt Striker and Jerry Lawler would stand by instead of trying to restrain Edge. They are normally not in the frame for an outside of the ring attack, but this time they were. It just seemed silly.
9. Knowing that “Rampage” is a big old school WWE fan, that segment must have been pretty cool for him, as he was surrounded by legends. For the rest of us, it was the usual guest host spot, but it was probably a special night for him.
10. I’m very surprised by CM Punk winning the fan voting. I was all geared up for a Rey Mysterio vs John Cena match, but I will always watch Punk in the ring.
This week, I’m throwing out some bonus thoughts, mostly because I didn’t want to edit myself down to ten.
11. So the entire NXT Season 1 Roster has decided to turn heel?
12. Seriously, I couldn’t be more confused by what just happened if I tried. NXT seems to be making a statement to the WWE roster by going after their main event.
13. The bummer of all of this is that it did not help push Daniel Bryan, who is a legitimate star. However, his moment where he got to yell “You are not better than me” to Cena was great.
That’s all for this week folks. Again, check out itswilltime.wordpress.com for more thoughts on the NXT Rookie attack and check back here on Thursday for The People’s Column. Please leave me some comments and let me know what you think of the “NXT attacks” situation while I try to make sense of it. And if you’re looking for a great column to read right now, you should check out To Be Determined, which is particularly awesome this week.
Tags: 10 Thoughts, edge, randy orton, Raw, Will Pruett, WWE